Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Glasurit 22 line VW paint time, Mouse Gray/Pearl White
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VintageVulture
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Glasurit 22 line VW paint time, Mouse Gray/Pearl White Reply with quote

Doing up body and paint on a 63 23 window for the owner. Wanted to share the color samples. Glasurit 22 line single stage urethane paint. Not base, no clear. Like the old way of painting. Factory was typically enamel which isn’t available via Glasurit. This is the next best way to stay as stock as possible. VW had so many amazing colors!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VintageVulture
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Glasurit 22 line VW paint time, Mouse Gray/Pearl White Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Glasurit 22 line VW paint time, Mouse Gray/Pearl White Reply with quote

Nice!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Glasurit 22 line VW paint time, Mouse Gray/Pearl White Reply with quote

Very nice! What's a gallon of that going for? I'm thinking of using it for my L61A cliff green Bug. I hate to cheap out on paint after all the hard work!
VintageVulture
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Glasurit 22 line VW paint time, Mouse Gray/Pearl White Reply with quote

A gallon is just under $1000. Activator and reducer is another $200+\- the best part is not questioning the color match. How can you question the creator?!
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Glasurit 22 line VW paint time, Mouse Gray/Pearl White Reply with quote

$1000 a gallon.... Ouch! I was wanting to use Glasurit and paint a bus correctly with the entire bus painted the lower color then the upper color on top. But it would be hard to spent an extra grand just to have the lower color as a base for the upper color. After 20years and the patina looks correct it might be worth it. But hard to say it's worth it when you can't see it for many many years.
VintageVulture
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Glasurit 22 line VW paint time, Mouse Gray/Pearl White Reply with quote

It’s hard to imagine a finely restored Bus ever going through half of its life in a midwestern field to achieve “the look” again. 🙂. Ppg makes excellent single stage at about 1/2 the cost.
VintageVulture
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Glasurit 22 line VW paint time, Mouse Gray/Pearl White Reply with quote

I’m totally wrong. This stuff IS acrylic enamel.
fredybear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Glasurit 22 line VW paint time, Mouse Gray/Pearl White Reply with quote

OUCH, Just came from paint store, $1100 Gal, $300 Qt. OUCH

Ill see how much I can spray with a Qt.......OUCH
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Glasurit 22 line VW paint time, Mouse Gray/Pearl White Reply with quote

VintageVulture wrote:
I’m totally wrong. This stuff IS acrylic enamel.

Shocked

Damn that’s a lot of money for AE!

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
zimblewinder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Glasurit 22 line VW paint time, Mouse Gray/Pearl White Reply with quote

I was sold Standox for my mango as a cheaper equivalent to Glasurit. I was told that Glasurit and Standox were the two factory standard paints. I'm saving up for Glasurit for my 23.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: