Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
red-ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

Trying to find a replacement 6 volt tun signal flasher. I can't find any that have this threaded prong on the top to screw into my bracket. I don't really want to buy a used one from eBay. Any ideas? 1965 Bug

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Stockholm VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

Following 👍
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

Try these guys https://www.bugcity.com/shop/shop.lasso?pquery=swf
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

As an alternative, you might consider one of these. I replaced the OG flasher on my '65....much more reliable with instant on and quicker flash. I bent the tab at the top and used a small machine bolt and nut to install onto the original bracket. And it's hidden by the wiring cover so the purists will never know!

https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111953185BWW
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

red-ragtop wrote:
Trying to find a replacement 6 volt tun signal flasher. I can't find any that have this threaded prong on the top to screw into my bracket. I don't really want to buy a used one from eBay. Any ideas? 1965 Bug

If you are going to toss your old relay. I might be able to fix it, so would be happy to pay for shipping to here.

Have been able to find those in NOS condition in the classifieds.
Dangermouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:
If you are going to toss your old relay. I might be able to fix it, so would be happy to pay for shipping to here.

I for one would welcome a tutorial on that... Can these thermal relays be RnR’d?
red-ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

Dangermouse wrote:
Eric&Barb wrote:

I for one would welcome a tutorial on that... Can these thermal relays be RnR’d?

I second that!
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

Dangermouse wrote:
Eric&Barb wrote:

Will see... Need one to repair.
Dangermouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

Let me be the first to offer mine.... Laughing
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

Or you embed a new electronic flasher into that can, having the OG look and dependable flashing. Combined with LED lamps, this really makes them stand out for safety.
red-ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

Well, I guess I don't need a new one. Wiggled some wires and got it to work. Cleaned the connections and applied some dielectric grease, and it's working fine now!
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

red-ragtop wrote:
Well, I guess I don't need a new one. Wiggled some wires and got it to work. Cleaned the connections and applied some dielectric grease, and it's working fine now!

Good to hear it was an easy fix!

Might be a good time to keep cleaning and greasing up connections...
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Or you embed a new electronic flasher into that can, having the OG look and dependable flashing. Combined with LED lamps, this really makes them stand out for safety.

I tried this with the WW electronic flasher....wouldn't fit in the can. I think we're going to need a bigger can......
Mervo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Does someone reproduce this 6V Flasher? Reply with quote

There are several small 6V electronic cylindrical units available in some of the motor cycle shops. I have used them in the past when I fitted LED bulbs. One would fit in the original 'can'.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: