Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

Looking forward to this show, 1st Big show of the year on my calendar, long 8 hour ride, but since I didn't get to any shows last year, this looks like a good way to start the Show season. I hope I 'm not stepping on anyone's toes by posting.......

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

Oh man, I really like this show. I hope to make it but we’ll see.

I do have some feedback that I’ve sent to HAVOC in the past, but I never heard back from them. Maybe posting it here might help.

I've been attending HAVOC's Volksfest at the mount hope estate for a few years now and its one of my favorite shows. HAVOC does a great job. I'd like to offer one piece of feedback to the organizers about this show.

Please rent more porta-johns for the show field. In 2019, I used them at 10am and they were about to over flow. I felt bad for the mother and small child who were using the porta-john after me. Please consider renting more toilets.

I recognize there are bathroom facilities at the Estate, however they are at the opposite end of the estate and sometimes mothers with children cannot make it across the property to the bathrooms.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

I got a reservation for Friday night @ Pinch Pond campground, they are sold out of Tent sites Sad But had a RV site that they held for me Dancing since I have been there before. If anyone needs a spot for Saturday night, my spot would be available. See you all there.

My Pops:
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'86 Doublecab W/T
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
jeremy57ride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
I got a reservation for Friday night @ Pinch Pond campground, they are sold out of Tent sites Sad But had a RV site that they held for me Dancing since I have been there before. If anyone needs a spot for Saturday night, my spot would be available. See you all there.

Is there any onsite camping at this show? Or perhaps somewhere close with sites remaining?
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

jeremy57ride wrote:
crukab wrote:

Is there any onsite camping at this show? Or perhaps somewhere close with sites remaining?

We always just camped in the swap/show field. Its primitive, but, always has been a good time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

Due to continuing health issues, I'm not going to be able to make the show. If anyone wants a spot at Pinch pond campground, let me know today & I can hook you up w/ a spot.

My Pops:

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'86 Doublecab W/T
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
Due to continuing health issues, I'm not going to be able to make the show. If anyone wants a spot at Pinch pond campground, let me know today & I can hook you up w/ a spot.

Sorry to hear that Tom.
I was looking forward to catching up with you and everyone else I haven't seen in over a year now Crying or Very sad

We will be there swapping in the AM and man do I have a load of stuff to bring Very Happy
See everyone there !

Schwing wrote:
Bondo is like make-up, it fools the eye from the ugly truth
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

Looking forward to meeting everyone; local VW person driving 20 minutes to the show.
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

Heading up Friday night to camp.

Looking for a couple 36hp flywheels if anyone has any to bring.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

So there is a rumor out there that some old guy from CT may be there tomorrow morning...... 🤓

So all that have been is there room for a shopper to park a single car enclosed trailer and van there. We have tried to email to ask. I will say this was a very late plan ( like a few hours ago)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
So there is a rumor out there that some old guy from CT may be there tomorrow morning...... 🤓

So all that have been is there room for a shopper to park a single car enclosed trailer and van there. We have tried to email to ask. I will say this was a very late plan ( like a few hours ago)

Plenty of room dude!
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
WM971252 wrote:

Plenty of room dude!

Thanks see ya soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

Great swap meet, and it even has a car show next to it!
I haven't seen that many caddy's at a show before, both in the swaps and the show.

Overall best in show for me was the Audi Fox in the swaps. Not only was it clean, it was running and driving!

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2021 Manheim, Pennsylvania April 24 2021 Reply with quote

Damm I missed both you J Dot and Nick....

I have been wanting to do this show for a long time and at last made it. Was very happy to finally make it
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: