Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
westcalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

let me know what you guys think!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Jos.Hall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

LOVE IT! If I'm correct you've got some parts for sale on craigslist in Murrieta??? I'm recognizing the garage Smile I'm definitely envious.
banana split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

Great sign... but shouldn't your thread be titled "Finally Got My Second VW Dealer Sign" ?? Laughing

1964 Chop Top
westcalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

banana split wrote:
Great sign... but shouldn't your thread be titled "Finally Got My Second VW Dealer Sign" ?? Laughing

thats true!!

I meant to say my first lit dealer sign!

The other one is for sale
cajun_sun_bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

Wow that must have cost a ton $! Kudos
#cajunhotrodder on insta
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westcalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

update on my garage I have collected a lot since my first photo

Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

Nice! It looks like a fun place to work on cars and just hang out.
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

westcalia wrote:

Gorgeous garage and signage!

Can you elaborate on how you mounted up your VW "USED CARS" sign in the corner? Nicely done. I have one of those sign faces and I'm thinking of mounting it somehow to my garage wall and lighting it up. Can you explain your mounting process, what lighting type you used, etc? Yours looks nice and bright and I hope to do something similar with mine. Thanks for any tips/suggestions you can share!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by BulliBill on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westcalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
westcalia wrote:

Gorgeous garage and signage!

Can you elaborate on how you mounted up your VW "USED CARS" sign in the corner? Nicely done. I have on of those sign faces and I'm thinking of mounting it somehow to my garage wall and lighting it up. Can you explain your mounting process, what lighting type you used, etc? Yours looks nice and bright and I hope to do something similar with mine. Thanks for any tips/suggestions you can share!

Bill

thanks Bill!

I ordered these lights from amazon and used them as my shelf lights and also I put 4 of them mounted to the wall behind that big Used Cars sign. I used a Bluetooth power strip so I can turn it off and on with Alexa and my phone. The sign is not actually mounted, it kind of rests leaning back on the top portion hiding the lights I put behind it. I used 4 of them, 2 on the left and right sides and 2 on top and bottom.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XJXPWFL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

Gorgeous! I ordered a set of 10 of those 4' long LED light fixtures off Amazon and will probably do the same as you did, four fixtures inside the "VW USED CARS" sign face. That leaves six fixtures left. No problem! I have an 8' 4" outer diameter VW dealership round "lollipop" VW logo sign face mounted horizontally up on my garage ceiling and will probably use five or six inside to light up that face. I'll try to load a photo of that sign already up on my garage ceiling shortly.

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westcalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
Gorgeous! I ordered a set of 10 of those 4' long LED light fixtures off Amazon and will probably do the same as you did, four fixtures inside the "VW USED CARS" sign face. That leaves six fixtures left. No problem! I have an 8' 4" outer diameter VW dealership round "lollipop" VW logo sign face mounted horizontally up on my garage ceiling and will probably use five or six inside to light up that face. I'll try to load a photo of that sign already up on my garage ceiling shortly.

Bill

very nice! I didn't even put them "in the sign" they are just mounted on the wall behind it and they light it up pretty dang good, can't wait to see yours!
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

Sorry for the weak camera flash photos. Both signs are not illuminated yet. Here is my "VW USED CARS" sign face which I will mount perfectly vertical on that wall right about where it is now:

Here is the 8' 4" round VW "lollipop" sign already mounted on the ceiling, just needs to be lit up:

We already pre-wired the locations with wall-switchable ceiling mounted power outlet boxes, just need the LED lights to arrive in the next couple of days. I can't wait to light-'em up. Thanks for "shedding light" on your LED fixture source. I'll post up finished photos of the lit signs soon.

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

I am twisted enough to imagine that huge VW sign mounted on the ceiling of the bedroom, not the garage, centered over a round waterbed.

The '70s are dead only if we let them die.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
I am twisted enough to imagine that huge VW sign mounted on the ceiling of the bedroom, not the garage, centered over a round waterbed.

The '70s are dead only if we let them die.

You'd have to relocate a couple cameras.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

I bought this at a nearby VW dealer who, like most others, needed to dispose of them in favor of the new logo (capri pants W). Just the plastic part; I'll need to make a frame with lighting.

Offhand, anyone know what years this logo style was used?
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Got My First VW Dealer Sign Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:

I bought this at a nearby VW dealer who, like most others, needed to dispose of them in favor of the new logo (capri pants W). Just the plastic part; I'll need to make a frame with lighting.

Offhand, anyone know what years this logo style was used?

Nice score, Phil! I need a sign in my life.

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: