Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Upper front door hinge mount points floating?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Technut27
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Upper front door hinge mount points floating? Reply with quote

I have the my door hinge mirror mounts off to paint them. Is it normal for the captive mounting plate to be floating inside the body? Both sides do it to some extent but don't feel like they can get far in any direction. I put a bolt back in out of fear the could drop down inside the body and ruin my day Very Happy

Broken welds?
By design for adjusting the door?

Last edited by Technut27 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jakokombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper front door hinge mount points floating? Reply with quote

"By design for adjusting the door?"

DING DING DING! You got it right.
72 Baja
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Upper front door hinge mount points floating? Reply with quote

If your door was fitting well before, then just align the hinge back up with the marks on the paint as you tighten the screws.
Technut27
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper front door hinge mount points floating? Reply with quote

Is the same true for the striker plate on the opposite side? All of my doors close flush to the body except for the drivers of course. I get the first click but can't get the second. I don't want to hear a clunk on the bottom when I take the screws out Very Happy

I painted everything up on my lunch breaks this week and I'm really impressed with how well the touch up paint matches. Mine is painted Rally Red and someone would have to look pretty close to see the difference if I had done better feathering the edges.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: