Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Topic: "You married guys will understand this"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

ebay has lots of used stuff, just type in the model number and manufacture. I dont kno just what you2 were doing to do that to the fridge..... Confused Rolling Eyes Dancing but my 10 year old sammysong died so i bought a new one..I took the old one appart and put all the drawrs in my barn for storage.they work awesome and hold lots of heavy shit, pull eazy too. it was the 30 cf unit with frozer on bottom.that frozer holds lots of stuff.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

"You married guys will understand this"
OK, somehow Mrs. Cusser and or time caused the plastic shelf on our Maytag refrigerator to break, and amazingly she asked me to fix it instead of getting a new refrigerator.
The entire front part of the plastic shelf assembly was cracked; this holds a glass shelf. Note that this plastic assembly is still available new, for about $100 shipped.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I felt that this could be reinforced and fixed, and I had a piece of aluminum door threshold around, so I cut a piece to fit; this threshold had a bend in it, figured that would add strength. So I drilled six 1/8" holes in the threshold, and corresponding holes in the top of the shelf assembly, and used 1'8" medium length rivets to attach the threshold. Photo shows rivets partially snugged, and the glass in place (glass shelf simply sits in a recess).

After snugging the rivets

"You married guys will NOT understand this"
Mrs . Cusser bought a new bedspread yesterday, and today the pillows had multiplied. I'm afraid there will be more tomorrow, and I was reluctant to tell her that there were still two under the bed. I count 9 pillows on the bed.

I don't think any straight male will understand this.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Where do you sleep?
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

“W when you can’t sit, there’s too many”
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
Where do you sleep?

1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

among other things my brother does. he takes cars of a restraunt he helped open over 30 years ago...I like cussers "somehow my wife" so... somehow about 2~ 3 times a month the women's bathroom has the toliet riped off the floor...somehow...... wtf are they doing in there??? I told him to just put one of the floor trough thingys in.....
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

You know why Stevie Wonder can't see his friends?

He's married.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Bulli Klinik wrote:

He's married.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Bulli Klinik wrote:

He's married.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

New keyboard required.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Ok, so our Fridge is dying, getting loud the last week or so, this a.m. the Ice was melting in the Freezer, time for a new one, the wife says she will look on line, mentioning a place where we got our last washer as a good appliance out-let, so I wait until about 1 p.m., she has not done any research, so I look on line at the place she mentioned, call them up, only a few in stock, but they have one the right size, it will fit fine in the spot the old one is sitting, $750 out the door.
So now it bears mentioning that my wife is WAAAAAAAAY stressed, she is trying to take leave from her Job, teaching, filling out the paper work & jumping thru all the hoops is driving her crazy, which comes at me in ANGER.......
Anywho, I'm like, I'll take the Rabbit truck, the store is a half hour away, they close in 3 hours, so I got to go, and she's PISSED, we should get a more energy efficient unit, we will have to clean where the old one was, I shouldn't be doing to hard a labor task like this ( I have been sick on & off for 2 weeks, but I feel fine) and she is looking to head back to CT. to see the Grandbabys , they can't deliver for 2-3 weeks, So if we went her route, I'd be living out of a cooler for that duration-- Rolling Eyes not liking that idea, I say Fuck it, head out , pick it up, drive up next to the deck, hand truck it to the slider door, un-box it, it is ready to come inside where it will sit overnight until I plug it in, as they recommended. I will need her to help push it up & inside, but no, she is sorting papers, she's still PISSED, so it's been an hour, a co-worker can come by in another hour to help if I need it. Ah to be married.... Rolling Eyes

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

I know the silent treatment well. My Wife has been a bit more easy going because with her disease she knows she needs me and she can't do anything without assistance. Your Wife is worried about your well being. I have learned my limitations as to what and what i cannot do. Be safe Buddy, your Family and Friends need you on this side of the earth
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

When one opens a refrigerator door, freezer door, a cabinet door, etc. properly, and stuff falls out, somehow the wife figures that the fault lies with the door opener, not the one who stuffed or packed such refrigerator, freezer, or cabinet !!!

Mrs. Cusser doesn't understand that there is a correct way to put a new roll of paper towels onto the holder, that deforming the cardboard tube out-of-round causes the paper towel roll to fall off when turning.

Mrs. Cusser started putting little forks in the recess for spoons in the drawer insert because she likes it that way. Apparently to non-Neanderthals like me there is a difference between big and little forks - who ever thought that this was a good idea !!!

You married guys will understand this !!!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

cusser, Ive been thinken.I have come to the conclusion that your forked.your wife will never learn.just deal with it the breast you can...I know what fustration your going through. my wife just ok'ed the instillation of the rong fucking french doors....they were installed on monday. you cant fix stupid.and yes it's all my fault...and yours.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Mrs. Cusser has the same personality of Cheryl on "According to Jim". Unfortunately there's not a "Dana" around for her to talk to about the mundane stuff that drives "Jim" - and me - nuts. It's just to be accepted when one marries a female.

You married guys will understand this !!!

mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

YUP, i KNOW EXZACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN.and thats not a bad thing...to manys dana's around even just 1 can/will cause more devorces than...wife crashing your cars. dana's grass is always greener...due to her always pissing on somebody elses non stop due to being all alone by her self sitten in her grass,nobody wants to put up with her shit or listen to it..not even her 4 husbands...oops, former husbands.& 5 kids....eazy to spot those danas. ( jills dana not in that group...)
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
Ok, so our Fridge is dying, getting loud the last week or so, this a.m. the Ice was melting in the Freezer, time for a new one, the wife says she will look on line, mentioning a place where we got our last washer as a good appliance out-let, so I wait until about 1 p.m., she has not done any research, so I look on line at the place she mentioned, call them up, only a few in stock, but they have one the right size, it will fit fine in the spot the old one is sitting, $750 out the door.
So now it bears mentioning that my wife is WAAAAAAAAY stressed, she is trying to take leave from her Job, teaching, filling out the paper work & jumping thru all the hoops is driving her crazy, which comes at me in ANGER.......
Anywho, I'm like, I'll take the Rabbit truck, the store is a half hour away, they close in 3 hours, so I got to go, and she's PISSED, we should get a more energy efficient unit, we will have to clean where the old one was, I shouldn't be doing to hard a labor task like this ( I have been sick on & off for 2 weeks, but I feel fine) and she is looking to head back to CT. to see the Grandbabys , they can't deliver for 2-3 weeks, So if we went her route, I'd be living out of a cooler for that duration-- :roll: not liking that idea, I say Fuck it, head out , pick it up, drive up next to the deck, hand truck it to the slider door, un-box it, it is ready to come inside where it will sit overnight until I plug it in, as they recommended. I will need her to help push it up & inside, but no, she is sorting papers, she's still PISSED, so it's been an hour, a co-worker can come by in another hour to help if I need it. Ah to be married.... :roll:

I thought it was going to end "then I saw that the old fridge freezer door was jammed open with something crooked in a door shelf and was trying to cool down the whole kitchen. Fixed that and it works fine."
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

A couple of years ago Mrs. Cusser decided that our 20 CF refrigerator freezer wasn't "biog enough" for 2 people. I bought a used 25 CF Maytag refrigerator freezer for $50 from Craigslist, was working fine, and correct color to match the other kitchen appliances. A few days later I sold the 20 CF unit for $50.

Since then I did need to replace the "active defrost control" unit for about $20; turns out that's to "save electricity" but costs the owner more in repairs over time unless he does such repairs himself. Anyway: fine now.

Active defrost is NOT a good idea in my opinion !!!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

auto defrost is good... our 30 cf sammy song wasent big enough for the 2 of us somehow...yet the 20 cf we had with a pile of kids was...it all comes down to how many trips to the store you want to make...we bought a upright freezer about 3 months ago....yup it's full. I try to put the new stuff in the freezer and wen somethen gets opened it go's into the samey song so we dont constantly open the upright freezer witch isant auto frost free for some stupid reason. could we get by with just the fridge ...yup. just as eazy. but the wife likes to have 2....she got used to it when the old 30 cf died and I replaced it with a new 30cf...and then fixed the 10 year old unit,I kept it going for about a year and a half. she was lost without it.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Auto defrost is not sophisticated. It’s a timer circuit which periodically turns your freezer off for a set time. That’s it
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Auto defrost is not sophisticated. It’s a timer circuit which periodically turns your freezer off for a set time. That’s it

Timer defrost was "upgraded" on some models to save elctricity by defrosting "when needed". But the parts and a service call will cost the consumer more over the life of the unit than the electricity saved.

So a marketing/politics ploy...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 27 of 31

Jump to: