Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Had a little fun with my 60 euro making it into a Vespa service vehicle. You know the Vespa scooters from back in the 80's with all the mirrors and lights, mud flaps etc.....
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DBK UK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Does anyone make the pre 60 rear window channel guides? ...if not,can you modify later ones to fit?. Thanks
Bilscho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Hi, I am just about to finish a nov 59 (60) renovation. The car is pearl white from new.

Should a late 59 vert have a colour sticker behind the spare tyre, and if so what style should it be? I have seen some stickers in capitals and english, others in lower case and in german. The car was built for the american market.

Thanks, Bill

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bilscho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Also, not sure where the hook goes that prevents the rear seat back from folding forward on braking, could someone post a picture please, be much appreciated, thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aam76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

What Color Should Gas Tank Be in a 1960 Vert?

I’m redoing my 60 Paprika L452 car.

My gas tank is a blue/grey color, is this correct?

Also, If anyone has more pics or info on this particular color I’d appreciate it.

tonydanza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Well after 24 years it's finally happening. This is before Thanksgiving. Should be further along. Had the stayfast charcoal too since. 1999.

Does anybody know where to get a stayfast charcoal boot cover.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tonydanza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Roof's done!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Can anyone post a couple pictures of the back of the dash and where the engine compartment wiring comes out of the tar board on your 58 Convertible? I am ready to start laying out the new harness and need to see how it is supposed to be. Was apart when I got it! Thanks!
Darthmjh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

My 1960 Covertible is being restored and unfortunately a previous owner has cut the vert only strengthening panel that goes on the side of the footwell inside the car. It goes from the dash downwards and over the heater channels, next to your feet.

Does anyone make these or has anyone got any they would be willing to sell.

Thanks for looking.
Ronix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Posted this in the 58/59 thread but joined the club today.

Looking to get back to a more normal ride height and some odds and ends here and there. Air filter, trunk carpet, birth certificate (appears to possibly be Inca Red originally), if I am lookin at it right the engine was replaced with a 36hp from 1966 or later. Chassis number matches and appears to be in fair condition. First aircooled so roast me or toast me.
VENTURA RACING
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Hi!
I'm restoring a 1960 vert and can't find pictures of where to install rubber wedges in door and quarter window.
Can somebody take pictures of their car and post them?
Thank you
wbbbbbbb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Bilscho wrote:
Also, not sure where the hook goes that prevents the rear seat back from folding forward on braking, could someone post a picture please, be much appreciated, thanks

Go to page 17 in 1956 owners manual.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/6_56beetle/6_56_bug_owners_manual.pdf

Last edited by wbbbbbbb on Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MDKG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

wbbbbbbb wrote:
Bilscho wrote:

Go to page 17 in 1956 owners manual.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/6_56beetle/6_56_bug_owners_manual.pdf

Top one is for sedan below is for vert. Had the same on my Dec '59 vert. Here's a pic of the hook with the strap

to find the holes in the freshly done upholstery to mount the strap I had to gently poke around with a needle Laughing .

worked eventualy though
MDKG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Bilscho wrote:
Hi, I am just about to finish a nov 59 (60) renovation. The car is pearl white from new.

Should a late 59 vert have a colour sticker behind the spare tyre, and if so what style should it be? I have seen some stickers in capitals and english, others in lower case and in german. The car was built for the american market.

Thanks, Bill

Sweet looking car. I did some research on the color sticker for my December '59 US vert but never found any evidence that the Karmann factory added the sticker for the early verts so I believe it was a sedan only thing.
p356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Could somebody show me your Convertible Door Scrapers !

Trying to make it very original but has no clue without an original car to look at...

I have the parts from WW.

Thank you !

Pascal

[email protected]
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Need an assist from this topic.
Request for original measurements for the rectangular Karmann badge location information and added to this topic please

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9557849#9557849
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bathtub57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

I need to go through the 53 pages to see if a PO has posted my ‘58 Shetland Grey. I’m working on some of the smaller details like distributer, under the hood and door rubbers but the car is incredibly original.

Karmann Gheezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

Beautiful! Applause

Glad to see this thread alive again.
VENTURA RACING
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 58-60 "Early Big Window" Convertible Registry Reply with quote

beautiful car!!
Karmann Gheezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GüteAndTite wrote:
Karmann Gheezer wrote:
Around 1986 I spotted the body of this '60 bug convertible sitting on the back of a VW single-cab truck stored inside an old VW repair building. The body, although without fenders, was damage free and still in original paint with very minor rust. Bob Conner, the president of the Houston VW Club at the time purchased the car. A few years later he sold it to me for 1500 bucks. I purchased very nice set of '58 fenders and found for sale a rusty bodied '60 convertible (#2691559) with a fully restored and rebuilt chassis. I married the two and below are some photos. The body has been blasted and professionally painted by a good friend and long time owner of a body shop. In 1989 I found and purchased a mother load of VW parts. From that stash I had built a complete nos 36hp engine. To this point no corners have been cut or spared during the restoration.

With time constraints presently I am at a stalemate. I am a believer that the top can make or break the looks of a convertible. I have all the parts and I am looking for someone to professionally finish fit the windows, install the top/interior, and complete the restoration. A few weeks ago I contacted Karmann Classics and didn't get a return response. This has been a long time restoration and will hopefully complete be soon.

Holes covered just like factory.

NOS 36 hp engine built with NOS German parts. The NOS case was purchased many years ago at a VW dealership. Notice no serial #'s.

hey there,
thought id give you a heads up before you got too farther along. the rear body bow on convertibles up to 1964 must be installed and nailed in place then leaded over and then painted as those nail holes around the back of your car will be vissible. you could get away with haveing the material be extra long in back to cover this, but it may look a little funny. just thought id let you know becasue you may need to repaint the rear part of the car again.
Love that grey and white combo! really a nice vintage look! nice to see yet another vert being brought back from the depths of time !

GüteAndTite, thank you. I took your advice. The car is looking good and finally coming together. I had a choice to install a rebuilt 36 hp or install an NOS 36 hp engine. My goal is to make every effort for this car to look like it just came new from the factory. Decision was made to go with the NOS engine and set the speedometer at 0. Will post more pictures as it gets closer to completing.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Jump to:
Page 53 of 55

Jump to: