Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Trends Customer Support and Feedback
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hi wheel607,

Again, I didn't start this thread, I'm responding to the legitimate questions posed by people looking for clarity. I had an email discussion with Everette yesterday in regards to what was appropriate and what wasn't, and bought a banner ad.

I'm sorry this upsets you, that was never my intention. Please accept my apologies.

~ Dan

Wanna be a part of the re-birth of VW Trends? Go to www.vwtrendsmagazine.com and choose a level of involvement, thanks in advance!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

No Dan, you didnt start this thread, and it has nothing to do with the originator. You are not responding to "people looking for clarity" as you state. You are however SELLING a magazine on this forum. Buying a "banner ad" from Everett does not diminish the fact of what you are actually doing. I am not "upset" at all, just wish your same song postings need to be addressed and stopped. And why is it that you choose what to respond to. I have gone back and looked and you have not addressed the 2020 joining The Samba, when you supposedly have been in the community for decades. LOCK THIS THREAD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey vwinnovator!

<<Same location over 20yrs (guess I'm successful)>>

Well yeah, 20 years in anything would mean you are successful!

<<Send me a dozen FREE copies and I'll put them out and see who buys.
I'll send the proceeds once they sell, promise.>>

Tell you what, if you're serious (it IS April Fool's Day, after all), I'll send you the magazines for free, (but you pay the shipping) and we'll work out a deal for you to sell them at retail price (we'll discuss the wholesale price offline) and you keep the profits. If you are serious, of course. Email me your name and address to [email protected]

~ Dan

Wanna join the VW Trends comeback? Go to www.vwtrendsmagazine.com and see how you can participate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Funny how some of the most outspoken folks here don’t even support Samba where’s the little star by your name? Some of them have been here for years, what gives? Better yet who gives?
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Funny how some of the most outspoken folks here don’t even support Samba where’s the little star by your name? Some of them have been here for years, what gives? Better yet who gives?

some support in different ways Wink

you know, every vw business/ person that provides free repair information is supporting.

helping people around the world with diagnosis problems without their cars in their shop to make a buck off of it is supporting

saving tons of OG vw parts and making them avail to the hobby instead of dumping them into the land fill is supporting
you know it cost a lot of "shelf space" to store a part till someone wants or needs it.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

I love the way each time a detractor posts he positively posts back , thanking for their input, and gets to plug his stuff.

Well done!

The right to post his stuff here is strictly between him and EB, the owner of these Fora
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

some support in different ways Wink

you know, every vw business/ person that provides free repair information is supporting.

helping people around the world with diagnosis problems without their cars in their shop to make a buck off of it is supporting

saving tons of OG vw parts and making them avail to the hobby instead of dumping them into the land fill is supporting
you know it cost a lot of "shelf space" to store a part till someone wants or needs it.

Agreed.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey wheel607,

<<And why is it that you choose what to respond to.>>

I don't think I've only addressed what I chose to, I've tried to address every question that was asked. Except the repeated ones which were answered earlier in the thread.

<< I have gone back and looked and you have not addressed the 2020 joining The Samba, when you supposedly have been in the community for decades.>>

I went back and looked, and you are 100% correct. I did miss answering your question. Will you forgive me for that? Wasn't my intent to look like I was dodging a question or make you feel ignored in any way.

The short answer is, during the time I was out of the VW scene (always a fan, but wasn't active for several years). I was always a lurker on Samba, but didn't become a member because at the time, I honestly didn't think I had anything to contribute.

In 2020, I was lucky enough to pick up a 1956 Oval and a 1969 Bug. I decided that since I'm not the end all of end alls in the VW world and would need some advice, I decided it was time to join The Samba while I was planning how to fix up my VWs. The VW Trends thing came later when I fell and pretty much destroyed my knee, and couldn't get on the ground to work on my cars.

Hope this answers your question. If you have anything else to ask, please feel free! If you'd rather have a discussion offline, you can email me direct at [email protected].

~ Dan

Wanna join the VW Trends comeback? Go to www.vwtrendsmagazine.com and see how you can participate.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by vwinnovator on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey vwinnovator,

Send me an email and we'll discuss some options. I know there are several SoCal shops that sell out of every magazine they get in.

I think it's funny that now you want 20 instead of 12, though. Glad you believe in the re-launch of VW Trends Wink

~ Dan

vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:
Hey vwinnovator,

Send me an email and we'll discuss some options. I know there are several SoCal shops that sell out of every magazine they get in.

I think it's funny that now you want 20 instead of 12, though. Glad you believe in the re-launch of VW Trends Wink

~ Dan

my apologies... misread your response

12, 20, 50... amount doesn't matter

zero risk does.

I'd have no problem displaying, selling and sending the proceeds on a 100% commission basis as long as you covered postage as well for delivering and returning any unsold copies.
I'm sure most any shop or parts place would do this as well.

there's a battery company that does this too
100% consignment, they set up the display, and collect only on what sells.

been down the "wholesale" game in past, and didn't care for "holding the bag" for years on issues that didn't sell, only to give them any at swap meets.
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey vwinnovator,

Again, if you are really serious about carrying the magazine in your shop, send me an email and we'll discuss options.
~ Dan

vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:
Hey vwinnovator,

Again, if you are really serious about carrying the magazine in your shop, send me an email and we'll discuss options.
~ Dan

options??

like exclusivity to be the only location available to buy it in?
And no subscriptions allowed to be sold in my state to assure buyer can only get it here?
that would be interesting..

An old parts vendor used to stand by their buy in program and do those things for those who sold their product...
Actually several I can think of...

another though, let us buy in at "wholesale", but sold at a discount to the public anyways....

I'll let you know...
maybe even contribute (submit) an article or two...who knows...
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

vwinnovator,

Looking forward to hearing from you!

~ Dan

JDMbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
One thing that will vote me off the Island - objectifying pictures. This isnt the 60s, and Adults have moved on from that. Plenty of other venues for that if that is your thing.

+1
If there was a clean version available I would be interested.
jwp67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

So the star bellied Sneeches are the best Sneeches on the beaches.
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey jdmbeetle!

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what the new VW Trends is going to look like. Go check out our web page in signature below and read the blogs. hope you'll join in on the VW Trends rebirth!

Thanks for your comments, they are appreciated!
disneyherbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey Dan, just curious... what’s the difference between the collector’s issue and the first issue of the subscription? I sprung for the Founders Package, but was just wondering the difference between the two. Thanks! I’m excited to see this happening!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

As long as people keep asking questions.........this is sure to stay at the top of the Forum!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
As long as people keep asking questions.........this is sure to stay at the top of the Forum!

So stop bumping it.

If you have a question, you can email him.

[email protected]

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: