Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Recommended cleaner or shampoo for upholstery and headliner?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject: Recommended cleaner or shampoo for upholstery and headliner? Reply with quote

I’ve got some stains that look like coffee stains on my gray upholstery and others that I suspect are the foam blowing out of the defroster vents on to the seats where prior owners then sat on the foam leaving a dark gray spot. Wondering if there is a recommended cleaner or shampoo for the seats.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SteveZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Recommended cleaner or shampoo for upholstery and headliner? Reply with quote

When we acquired our Eurovan CV, we bought a Bissell Little Green Machine Carpet Cleaner and the recommended Bissell cleaners, including the Oxy additive. We were pleased with the job it did on the upholstery and the carpeting.

I used it on the fabric on the doors, armrests, seats, bed cushions, and flooring carpet. The small head unit on this cleaner is ideal for use in a vehicle.

It was cheaper to buy the Bissell than to have detailers do it, plus, we gained the machine for annual cleaning of the van and other chores.

Having the unit on hand, we have managed to get coffee stains out of carpet in the house where we had given up years ago.
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Recommended cleaner or shampoo for upholstery and headliner? Reply with quote

SteveZ wrote:
When we acquired our Eurovan CV, we bought a Bissell Little Green Machine Carpet Cleaner and the recommended Bissell cleaners, including the Oxy additive. We were pleased with the job it did on the upholstery and the carpeting.

I used it on the fabric on the doors, armrests, seats, bed cushions, and flooring carpet. The small head unit on this cleaner is ideal for use in a vehicle.

It was cheaper to buy the Bissell than to have detailers do it, plus, we gained the machine for annual cleaning of the van and other chores.

Having the unit on hand, we have managed to get coffee stains out of carpet in the house where we had given up years ago.

I have one of those little green machines that I use for automotive cleaning. I recently tried it on a newly acquired Lexus hybrid SUV that had really light beige carpet with cola stains in the back apparently from the owners children and when I Tried cleaning it with the Bissell it actually caused the stains to get bigger so I was reluctant to try it on the VW
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SteveZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Recommended cleaner or shampoo for upholstery and headliner? Reply with quote

bcolins wrote:
I have one of those little green machines that I use for automotive cleaning. I recently tried it on a newly acquired Lexus hybrid SUV that had really light beige carpet with cola stains in the back apparently from the owners children and when I Tried cleaning it with the Bissell it actually caused the stains to get bigger so I was reluctant to try it on the VW

When I first used the Bissell, the amount of dirty solution that came up was shocking and the dirty solution did spread. The stains in our van were significant and there were greasy ones, general dirt ones, and some I thought might be oil. It took several cleanings to get a good result. I found the oxy cleaning additive a great help and did a better job than without it. I sprayed, waited several minutes, than vacuumed up the solution and dirt, than repeated the process. On really bad stains, I repeated several times. The oxy additive should work well on food (all organic) stains.

On the initial attempt on our floor covering, which was the dirtiest, the dirty solution did seem to spread the dirt as I vacuumed because the solution gets grubby and as you spray and vacuum the dirt is pulled through the fibres, but careful, slow vacuuming and repeated treatment made a good job of it. I found it took several passes vacuuming to pull up all the dirty solution and dirt particles.

I'd be inclined to try cleaning the Lexus again, and I don't hesitate to use the Bissell in my camper. I have done so, spring and fall since 2018.

But do some research into the various solutions Bissell offer to find the best product and approach. I found the basic detergent with the separate oxy additive gave me the best results, but the oxy stuff does need some time to do its thing. I used the hottest water I could from the tap. Patience and repetition worked for me. Good luck.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: