Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aircooled.net - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 10, 2023
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Fellow VW people, I have known John, for over 20 years now, even before he started his air cooled parts business. He is HONEST, above all else. If it is a P.O.S. He'll tell you, and if it is really a P.O.S. you won't find it in his catalog. The pandemic has not only affected him, it has affected the whole world, and manufacturers of these parts for our beloved little cars, however much we would like it, are NOT all made in the US, so the supply chain problems can be from anywhere in the world, and what can John do about them? Not a damn thing. And you know what? Sh*t happens, he would never ever intentionally defraud anyone...Ignore their order? sure, that's a great way to stay in business... Rolling Eyes

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
scranscran
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thought I would chime in on my experience with Air Cooled so far as well. I placed a big order with them 7/21/2020, waited a month before I checked back in on it, there are a few items that were not in stock, no problem. I waited a little longer, then reached out several times via email, and by phone in regards to removing one of the out of stock items, and possibly changing the other to something else that is maybe in stock and would work. The only thing I have received back was 1 generic email about shipping being slower, COVID, etc. which I understand, I really do. But, the lack of an actual response, be it by phone or email has made me a little hesitant about doing business with them, especially after reaching out several times via email AND phone.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

We lost 3 employees when COVID came, and can't find replacements. People either have the IQ of a doughnut, or are too busy milking unemployment. The office is doing their best, but we are at 25% staffing right now, and it's not possible to keep up. They are trying their best.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scranscran
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I guess I will give it a little bit longer, then take my business elsewhere if need be. If things are that far behind maybe you should shut down the website for a while until thing are caught back up. If it's that bad, new business, and new customers coming in are going to be just as frustrated as I am at this point. Seems like shooting yourself in the foot to continue to take new orders when you cant keep up/fill the existing ones.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

scranscran wrote:
I guess I will give it a little bit longer, then take my business elsewhere if need be. If things are that far behind maybe you should shut down the website for a while until thing are caught back up. If it's that bad, new business, and new customers coming in are going to be just as frustrated as I am at this point. Seems like shooting yourself in the foot to continue to take new orders when you cant keep up/fill the existing ones.

I understand if you don't want to wait, but John has been 100% supportive to the Samba and to the VW community. So "we" should be understanding and supportive when Covid has impacted his ability to be timely. Because if we don't and he closes his doors, the only parts you'll be able to buy are those chrome bits in the color catalogs.

We VW owners are our worst enemies and we deserve the crap aftermarket chrome tin and 009s that's currently available.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scranscran
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Not accusing anyone of being unsupportive, a bad person,shady etc. But going on 2 months and not even being able to get a response back in regards to my order? Call me crazy, but that just isn't a good business/customer experience. I don't feel like I am the only person that would be a little concerned/put off by that. I'm also not suggesting that he shut his doors, but if orders cant be filled/shipped/responded to that have already come in, wouldn't cutting new orders make sense until things get caught up? If not its just a vicious cycle of the same situation/
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

These are not normal times and Covid has stressed every business.

I'm a cyclist and I see many store fronts that are now empty. My local supermarket didn't have toilet paper for months, so i waited. Yes, communications is important, but there's just so many hours in the day and being down 25% of the staff makes it harder.

I hope understanding John's and many other's situation breeds understanding.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

We can disagree. One person's world is not yours.

Thank you John for being a part supplier in a world where thee are few.

Tough shit, I'm mad that you can't get me the thing I paid for in a timely manner. Not my problem.

Bottom line, don't sell a thing if you cant send me the thing? No?

In turn, honest feedback here results in - Don't buy a thing if they have an issue getting you that thing.

Duh. Rolling Eyes

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

You didn't "pay" squat. We don't charge the CCs until we ship the part. We are one of the few vendors who obey CC rules about this. It's a violation of CC policy to charge before you ship. The fact that "everybody" violates it has resulted in your ignorant post.

notchboy wrote:

Tough shit, I'm mad that you can't get me the thing I paid for in a timely manner. Not my problem.

In turn, honest feedback here results in - Don't buy a thing if they have an issue getting you that thing.

Duh. Rolling Eyes

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
You didn't "pay" squat. We don't charge the CCs until we ship the part. We are one of the few vendors who obey CC rules about this. It's a violation of CC policy to charge before you ship. The fact that "everybody" violates it has resulted in your ignorant post.

notchboy wrote:

Duh. Rolling Eyes

Um, so I was being sarcastic. Confused I gues the Rolling Eyes didnt do its job in the way I wanted. Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scranscran
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Stephanie finally reached out to me and everything has been taken care. There were a few things that were still out of stock that I will try to find on my own/through my engine builder, but the ball is rolling with my order! Yay!
nemobuscaptain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

notchboy wrote:

Duh. Rolling Eyes
Um, so I was being sarcastic. Confused I gues the Rolling Eyes didnt do its job in the way I wanted. Laughing

I don't "know" you. But I have "known" John and have gotten advice from him and bought parts from him for almost two decades.

No offense, but you seem like you are completely full of $%#$.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FullMoonBusClub

RIP Bob Hoover https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=427791
Hoover Sermons: https://www.vwsage.com/images/vwsage/Bob%20Hoovers%20Sermons.pdf
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

nemobuscaptain wrote:
notchboy wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

notchboy wrote:

Duh. Rolling Eyes

I don't "know" you. But I have "known" John and have gotten advice from him and bought parts from him for almost two decades.

No offense, but you seem like you are completely full of $%#$.

You are stupid Rolling Eyes It was a joke dickhead. And I am full of shit. Brown eyes and all. Wink

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
AzBrewCrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Aircooled.net is still in business? I placed an order 11/15/2020, have not received it and can't get an update on the status.

I realize many different companies are having trouble fulfilling orders due to Covid-19 so please don't respond with that. All I am looking for is some kind of an update or confirmation that my order is coming. If not I can order something different from them to meet my needs.

I have played by their rules and emailed versus calling to get an update with no response. Not trying to blow them up just want to know where my order is and if I can get an update on when I might see it so I can move forward with my project.
ZEKE65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I received an order this week I had placed earlier, and received an email reply back about question I had on another item item I ordered yesterday.
AzBrewCrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Zeke65 did you use their customer service email address?
jismay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I received an order last week that I placed the week before. Aside from some backordered parts which were clearly communicated I got everything fast and in perfect condition.
1989 VW Cabriolet
AirHead1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Used them for the first time. Excellent service!
AzBrewCrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just received and email from Stephanie at Air-cooled. I think we will have resolution soon. Thanks!
AzBrewCrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Quick update!
All set Aircooled.net took care of the situation. I would order from them again!
Thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 27 of 30

Jump to: