Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Insulated Window Blanket Set
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busdepot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Insulated Window Blanket Set Reply with quote

Quote:
After 7 years, my insulated window set I purchased from Bus Depot back in 2010 have begun to deteriorate. I decided to treat myself to a new set, also from Bus Depot. These are of much higher quality even though it appears to be the same product.

The ones we sell come from a different factory now, hence the improvement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
childofthewind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Insulated Window Blanket Set Reply with quote

Busdepot wrote:
Quote:
After 7 years, my insulated window set I purchased from Bus Depot back in 2010 have begun to deteriorate. I decided to treat myself to a new set, also from Bus Depot. These are of much higher quality even though it appears to be the same product.

The ones we sell come from a different factory now, hence the improvement.

I wanted to give an update on my new insulated window set. Although they look of higher quality and fit my windows better than the older set, they seem to be cheaply made as three of them are already coming apart. The foil material rips very easily. The suctions are sharp looking, I like the gray color and I like the little finger loops, but they don't necessarily work as well as the uglier beige ones that darkened with the sun. So while these look better to the eye, I don't think they're necessarily made better than the older set. I've had to use some glue and tape to stop the rips already. Kind of a bummer. And in case you're wondering, I don't "man handle" these. I'm really gentle with the stuff I buy for my van and it hasn't taken much for these rips to begin.

“As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote." - Melville
icutler198
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Insulated Window Blanket Set Reply with quote

These come highly reviewed from a friend. About three times as expensive at the Bus Depot ones.

If you care about aesthetics and less about money, these are definitely the way to go. I believe you can purchase by window too if don't want a full set.

https://www.project-camper.de/shop/magnet-thermomatten-vw-t3

They come in a variety of colors and use magnets instead of suction cups.

I am 50/50 on whether I'm going to go this route or Bus Depot. As I would probably want to sew on some nicer fabric and magnets into the Bus Depot (which would rise the cost) ones, I will probably pony up and get these.

I'll leave a review if I do!
inorganic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Insulated Window Blanket Set Reply with quote

icutler198 - I am curious if you purchased a set of these? If so - how are they? Thanks!

icutler198 wrote:
These come highly reviewed from a friend. About three times as expensive at the Bus Depot ones.

If you care about aesthetics and less about money, these are definitely the way to go. I believe you can purchase by window too if don't want a full set.

https://www.project-camper.de/shop/magnet-thermomatten-vw-t3

They come in a variety of colors and use magnets instead of suction cups.

I am 50/50 on whether I'm going to go this route or Bus Depot. As I would probably want to sew on some nicer fabric and magnets into the Bus Depot (which would rise the cost) ones, I will probably pony up and get these.

I'll leave a review if I do!

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: