Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Panel clips and seals
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbug57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject: Panel clips and seals Reply with quote

I got sound deadening in my door. Used micro thin super glue 2 sided tape to install plastic. Got my new door panel set to go.

I can't get the panel clips to go in the seal no matter how hard I push. does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks - Jim

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Panel clips and seals Reply with quote

I always take a q-tip and lube up the rubber cups a little with silicone grease, before installing the panels. Slips right in, as long as the clips are oriented properly.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
Jimbug57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Panel clips and seals Reply with quote

Tim Donahoe wrote:
I always take a q-tip and lube up the rubber cups a little with silicone grease, before installing the panels. Slips right in, as long as the clips are oriented properly.

Tim

Thank you Tim.

I spent all day on the door and panel - was trying to finish before it started raining and got dark. Spent 5 frustrating minutes before I realized I was not doing it right.

Headed back out this morning with a tube of silicone grease and my wife to assist; I tried by myself last night.
Jimbug57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Panel clips and seals Reply with quote

Still had an issue after the silicone swab. Ended up bending the Empi clips a bit and got them to pop in. It looks ok considering who did it. BTW - the speakers are waterproof and most securely mounted. I made a 100 watt amplifier that will mount under the hood and wired to the knobs on my dash panel. It's for Sirius XM.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: