Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Serrano's Engines
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fredybear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

I must contribute........Took me 4 hours to go 60 miles that evening......Got some good stuff......Musta been 2005/06

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
This thread is alive?

Steve sold a lot of stuff to the public. HIs prices were very good.
hard to compete on complete engines prices at rock bottom. Not sure if he made any money at all.

buy a part for $50, sell it for $75=$25 profit

buy a part for "fell off a truck", sell it for $50=$50profit

regular shop labor costs-$75-$100hr

backyard build labor costs-$15-25hr

not that hard to make money off rock bottom pricing if you know the game
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
nsracing wrote:
This thread is alive?

Steve sold a lot of stuff to the public. HIs prices were very good.
hard to compete on complete engines prices at rock bottom. Not sure if he made any money at all.

buy a part for $50, sell it for $75=$25 profit

buy a part for "fell off a truck", sell it for $50=$50profit

regular shop labor costs-$75-$100hr

backyard build labor costs-$15-25hr

not that hard to make money off rock bottom pricing if you know the game
................................................................................................the above happens every day .the world is ruled by greed . thats what built the USA .lol spencerfvee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PEPPE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

would be good thing if all the people that got deals from him refund some of the losses of the other people that paid for nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

PEPPE wrote:
would be good thing if all the people that got deal from him refund some of the losses of the other people that paid for nothing.

Please put down the crack pipe.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PEPPE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

obviously this is impracticable, but weren't many of these "deals" made with unpaid/stolen parts?
PEPPE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

he stole lots of money also in Europe, only very few people was able to recover the money making a complanin to paypal, or going directly to the shop trying to get something that was still around. most far people got screwed.
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

PEPPE wrote:
he stole lots of money also in Europe, only very few people was able to recover the money making a complanin to paypal, or going directly to the shop trying to get something that was still around. most far people got screwed.

I bought stuff from him 18 years ago. I can't even remember the dollar amount, or everything that came from him. A solid $350 for a CB crank and H beam rods at the minimum. Giving a dollar to everyone who got screwed is like getting a slap in the face.

They're never really ever finished 58 rag build...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658092
PEPPE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

You are taking me too serious, the only good deal was the money in the pocket of Steve. Who received the parts was only lucky. Sorry for the others...
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

TinCanFab wrote:
PEPPE wrote:

I bought stuff from him 18 years ago. I can't even remember the dollar amount, or everything that came from him. A solid $350 for a CB crank and H beam rods at the minimum. Giving a dollar to everyone who got screwed is like getting a slap in the face.
.................................................................................................................hi i looked at your truck build . most guys would have scraped that truck .but you at the age of 30 years old .if the birth day cake was right on your age lol you went for ward .and put many many hours of hard work .to fix all that rust . i was blown a way. that a 30 year old .could do what you did. that most 50 or 60 year old body shop men .would not think of doing . who trained you on how to weld and fab body parts ?? all i can say is super great job on bringing back to life that super looking vw truck . spencerfvee
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

spencerfvee wrote:
TinCanFab wrote:
PEPPE wrote:

.................................................................................................................hi i looked at your truck build . most guys would have scraped that truck .but you at the age of 30 years old .if the birth day cake was right on your age lol you went for ward .and put many many hours of hard work .to fix all that rust . i was blown a way. that a 30 year old .could do what you did. that most 50 or 60 year old body shop men .would not think of doing . who trained you on how to weld and fab body parts ?? all i can say is super great job on bringing back to life that super looking vw truck . spencerfvee

I was trained by the Samba Very Happy, myself and co-workers of my past

They're never really ever finished 58 rag build...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658092
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

I bought 10 AL82 Bosch alternators from him.
After they were shipped he emailed me why.
I said Bosch was (at the time) going to almost double in price from what I paid him at the time.

Also bought a set of 48 IDA Webers
I was nervous about those.
He sent them FedEx but got on the home delivery truck.
I'm a business.
They finally arrived after almost 2 weeks.
The driver just happen to call me when I was there late one night.
His route didn't start till 6pm and I closed at 5.
Needless to say I waited on him.

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

Not everybody can win all the time. I don't believe in equity. I like equality better.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Serrano's Engines Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
Not everybody can win all the time. I don't believe in equity. I like equality better.
............................................................................................................. well said . buyer beware . i was at the summit racing store here in ohio. i was shocked at what after market parts cost for fords . and other cars . i am glad i am building vws there a lot cheaper to build .i talked to a drag racer when i was in line . he spend $25,000.00 on parts for his race care .he showed me his bill from summit . i was in shock lol lol and there was a lot of china made parts like rods cams air cleaners . and that store was packed with people .i waited about 40 mins to get my parts . spencerfvee
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: