Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Trends Customer Support and Feedback
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Pricey as it may be I'm looking forward to seeing VWTrends back again. Was a great mag back in the day and still from time to time dig out my old issues to mill over. Will be glad to ad this one to the stack. Glad for your effort Dan 🤙
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey disneyherbie!

Thanks for the question and kind words of support!

<<what’s the difference between the collector’s issue and the first issue of the subscription? I sprung for the Founders Package, but was just wondering the difference between the two.>>

The main difference is the variant cover. The Founder's Packages will receive a copy of VW Trends with a different, exclusive cover than what will be available to the general public (we'll call that the "newsstand" issue). Only a limited number of these VWT Founder's Package copies will be made with that cover, never to be printed again, or available as a re-print or re-issue. Once they are sold out on the 30th of this month, that's it.

The content inside the magazine will be mostly the same for both the limited edition and the newsstand copies, with a few pages that are Founder's Package specific, adding to the exclusivity of the premier issue. Hope this answers your questions, if you have any more, please feel free to ask!

And thanks again for the kind words of support. We're working really hard to finish up the magazine and make something pretty spectacular! Stay tuned!
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey Pez!

Thanks for the kind words. Just to clarify, this is the fundraising part of the process, so while it may seem a little pricey at first glance, we think it's a pretty good deal for what you get. Plus, you get to say you were a valuable part in bringing back VW Trends magazine!

When we finish up the fundraising on April 30th, we'll be offering regular subscriptions, single issues of the magazine, T-shirts, stickers, and all other kinds of merch in our store.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for bringing VW Trends back! Looking forward to your feedback on the first issue!

Dan
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Best of luck on your venture, Dan. Will be watching for it
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Thank you SO much, abscate!

I appreciate the kind words and support! Looking forward to hearing your feedback on the first issue.

We're about a week away from shipping the issue, and so far, t's looking really good!

Dan
disneyherbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Dan, you guys got any concrete plans for the VW Trends comeback bash next year? Not gonna lie I’m pretty stoked about that. Hopefully we can get some 80s legends out for it! I suppose that’s the closest a guy can get until we invent a time machine and set the dial to the Jamboree in 1987...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mark 75 Super Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Good luck with the new version of VW Trends! After reading this I looked online and bought 12 used issues from the 90's for $15! I'm having a blast reading through these old issues, and of course I'm sure I'll find plenty of useful tech info along the way. I have to admit I'd forgotten the scantily dressed young ladies gracing most covers, but it was a pleasant surprise! Once again, good luck!
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey disneyherbie! Thanks for the question.

We're all pretty excited about it too!

We're currently looking at several venues in Orange County to hold the VW Trends Jam 2022. No dates have been set in stone, but I can say we're 90% sure it'll be in the middle of Summer (think June/July). As soon as we nail down any specifics, Platinum Club members will be notified.

I'm not going to give away a ton of details, but what I can say is that the people that bought the Platinum Package will not be disappointed. It'll be fully catered, have giveaways, music ... basically a night to remember! Glad you are on board and going to be there!

Also, if anyone reading this want to get on board, you have until Friday April 30th until midnight to go to www.vwtrendsmagazine.com to get in on the fun, as that's when the fundraising stops. After that, we'll be selling our subscriptions, individual copies, T-shirts, stickers, and other swag on our website.

Thanks again for your support in bringing VW Trends back!
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey Mark 75 Super!

Wow, you got a deal! I've seen them going for $15 per issue! Good score!

Thanks for the kind words and luck on the come back! Can't wait to hear your feedback on the first issue!

Also, if anyone reading this want to get on board, you have until Friday April 30th until midnight to go to www.vwtrendsmagazine.com to get in on the fun, as that's when the fundraising stops. After that, we'll be selling our subscriptions, individual copies, T-shirts, stickers, and other swag on our website.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

I was an avid VW Trends subscriber... One of my ole Carolina/Cally lookers was even in the small section Readers Rides....... but I did get tired of nothing but trailer queens being featured.

I think it was McMullen Publishing that dumped on us all.. I lost like 2 years of subscriptions.. No hard feelings..

I like to consider myself a print guy... hell.. still get receipts when I make a purchase ..... but frankly couldn't state the last time I bought a print magazine.
My wife buys subscriptions to cooking and home mags... She flips through them in 3 minutes.. and they pile up creating WASTE I have to eventually deal with when she decides after 5 years to toss them..
I went through most of my old car mags a few years ago.. they went to recycling.. Our local newspaper that my Nephew is a reporter for looks more like a pamphlet these days..
Print may not be dead.. but its bleeding.
The days of sons in the garage with pops tinkering on the family hot rod are also bleeding..hence... Car interest is bleeding. We in the industry are having a major shortage of techs.. There is a HUGE gap in the old experienced and young wanting to be..

IMO.. Donations to the Samba are a far better use of my money these days... (even with the video ban). As a matter of fact this was a reminder.. ... so I re up'd today.

If all this convenient VW information we have literally at our fingertips is once lost.....that would be a major loss .... Donate to the Samba cause people..

I wish the new VW Trends all the best.. but.. seems like the current VW trend is.. actually old Anxious ..... Who says the 80's is dead.. Laughing

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey VOLKSWAGNUT!

It was actually TEN Publication that killed off VWT back in 2005. It has passed through a couple of hands after Ken Yee & Tom McMullen passed. What happened was a travesty to the readers, the publisher at the time should have paid back the balance of what you had in subscription.

It's funny ... a lot of people think that father/son/daughter tinkering with cars together is dead. Our research actually showed the opposite. We've gotten a TON of response from people that used to read VWT back in the day who have kids that are now of age to want a car, and a new generation of people are being exposed to the VW world. While it's not as big as it was in the 70s/80s/90s, it's nice to know that there is a legacy being passed down.

And we agree, support The Samba anyway you can, VW Trends is an advertiser, and will continue to do so.

For those of you who bough in to the VW Trends Founder's Packs, just a note to let you know, that we're buttoning up the magazine and shipping it off to the printer this week! Hang on tight and start checking your mailboxes in the coming weeks. Can't wait to hear everyone's feedback on our first issue ... and it'll keep getting better from here!
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:

It's funny ... a lot of people think that father/son/daughter tinkering with cars together is dead. Our research actually showed the opposite. We've gotten a TON of response from people that used to read VWT back in the day who have kids that are now of age to want a car, and a new generation of people are being exposed to the VW world. While it's not as big as it was in the 70s/80s/90s, it's nice to know that there is a legacy being passed down.

Point counterpoint...counterpoint..

A passed down legacy of a now niche old VW market is not something to base a career on IMO, but if its a hobby .. wont hurt anything but the pocketbook.
Granted I'm not stating your refreshed take on a now old classic magazine won't spark interest and certainly initial sales but IMO I don't see sustainability simple due to the narrow market.

Reminds me of when I pondered and researched opening an air cooled friendly garage... I found while I love the job and cars ...in today's time ... it's simply not the business that would be profitable.

I hope it works out for the new VW Trends... to me.. it was always more up to date on the ....trends.....of the time it represented.

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Time will tell, as they say.

Thanks for the kind words and support of the new VW Trends. I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Thanks again, it really means the world!
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

I received my commemorative copy. 143 of 500.
Nice cover!
I haven't opened it yet.
Curios, did you sell the first 500?

Also, I sent you a PM awhile back. I haven't seen a response.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
Nice cover!
I haven't opened it yet.

Don't open it or it will devalue it.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
Nice cover!
I haven't opened it yet.

NO! and " I am sorry, I didnt get it".
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

I know a lot of you have gotten your first edition of VW Trends in your Founder's Packs, if you haven't gotten it, it should be in your mailbox any day now. We know most of California, Nevada, Arizona, and some parts of Texas are posting unpackaging videos and pictures.

So for those of you who have gotten the mag and had a chance to read through it to post your thoughts on what you think, how it looks, what you like, would could be improved, and you overall experience.

The subscription version with the alternate cover (same content) will be going out next week, so for those of you not wanting to open the special edition magazine packaging, your issue is coming post haste (pardon the pun).

Thanks again to all of you who've helped us get this magazine off the ground, and it'll keep getting better each and every month.

Can't wait to hear your feedback.
jvulich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

I got hosed by whoever owned the title back in 04 after sending in my check for 2 more years that never came and I was already a subscriber to Street Rodder which was the only other title they had that I was interested in. Once I recover from Bugorama I'll start a new subscription and give it a chance.
Stock Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Just placed my order for a subscription! Very exciting! Good luck with the venture, Dan!
-----
Ich Bin Ein Facebooker: https://www.facebook.com/steve.fromsaac
-----
Join VVWCA: http://www.vvwca.com/
-----
Your source for old school metal tire valve caps: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1416217
-----
Thanks Veterans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
kingkarmann wrote:
Nice cover!
I haven't opened it yet.

NO! and " I am sorry, I didnt get it".

wheel607,

Thanks for responding for me, albeit you could have checked with me for the facts before answering. In the future, please reach out to me directly before assuming you know the answer to a question meant for someone else. I'll promise to do the same for you.

Hey kingkarmann, To answer your question; all of the signed and numbered collector's editions have been purchased and mailed out (some as far away as Japan, Brazil, and the UK), with the exception of one single Platinum package, which we kept behind, and are donating as a raffle prize at the El Prado event on the 13th.

I did see your DM when you sent it, and to be honest, I swore I wrote you back, as I try to do. As you can imagine, putting together a magazine takes time (especially when you have a day job), so long story short. I was surprised when I saw I hadn't replied. Please forgive the oversight, and I did respond to you a couple days ago.

Thanks to everyone who bought subscriptions, those will be going out next week. The response has been overwhelming and we're excited to hear what everyone has to say about the new VW Trends.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: