Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CSP Linkage
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

any updates on how these CSP linkages have been holding up ?

I'm looking at changing out the CB hexbar on mine

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
1971 bay window westy- subi swap
DKKWorm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

After 6 months of use the pitman arm ends ceased up, and I replaced them with more robust units that work just great. The linkage has worked great the last 3 years no issue, other than the arm ends.
The trouble with replacing the ends, is they are a 10/32 thread, one standard and one reverse. McMaster Carr AND Summit racing were needed to get the right stuff. Ended up with a box full of do nothing parts. M5 will work with 10/32 but 10/32 will not go into M5. Good luck
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

You know, they don't tell you to, but all moving parts should be greased regularly. I always fill the joints with grease, press em on, and wipe off the stuff that squeezes out.
oxsign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

To bring this thread back up again. I was looking at the CSP linkage and I also found Vintage Speed has on out for type 3 as well. Anyone had any luck with it yet??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

only if you're running DCNF carbs, all the rest of the short ones say they don't work with T3 tins

https://store.vintagespeed.com.tw/TYPE-1-LINKAGE-FOR-VW-TYPE-3-WITH-DCNF-CARBURATOR-p132724150

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

oxsign wrote:
To bring this thread back up again. I was looking at the CSP linkage and I also found Vintage Speed has on out for type 3 as well. Anyone had any luck with it yet??

I bought an early set when they first came out - I think it was a slightly different design - it didn't work with IDFs so I returned it.

I have the CSP kit - it installs easily and works fine - it's a more refined version of the stock Solex linkage system that works for IDFs. The only thing that I think they could improve is the arm for the cable lock - it's a bit shorter than I think it should be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oxsign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
oxsign wrote:

I bought an early set when they first came out - I think it was a slightly different design - it didn't work with IDFs so I returned it.

I have the CSP kit - it installs easily and works fine - it's a more refined version of the stock Solex linkage system that works for IDFs. The only thing that I think they could improve is the arm for the cable lock - it's a bit shorter than I think it should be.
so they’ve improved the CSP linkage? That’s good to know. I’ll look back at it again. I’m about to get a set of 40 IDFs that it’ll work on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

oxsign wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
oxsign wrote:

so they’ve improved the CSP linkage? That’s good to know. I’ll look back at it again. I’m about to get a set of 40 IDFs that it’ll work on.

The CSP linkage is unchanged as far as I know - it works. With IDFs, the Vintage Speed linkage will not. That's my experience - for what it's worth.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oxsign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
oxsign wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
oxsign wrote:

The CSP linkage is unchanged as far as I know - it works. With IDFs, the Vintage Speed linkage will not. That's my experience - for what it's worth.
thx, I just ordered a set of shorty manifolds and the CSP linkage. Mind giving me a name/brand on those air cleaners?
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

Ram Flo 457S - they're about $65 each

https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/vw-carburettor-kit...-drla-idf/
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

Do they sell the RamFlos in the US anywhere?

** Never mind. I ordered them from the link.

Do you have a part number for the CSP kit you used here??

SBS #17
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

60DoubleTurd wrote:

https://www.csp-shop.com/en/engine/bellcrank-linkage-csp-129-941-100-18235f.html
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

Critter1 wrote:
60DoubleTurd wrote:

https://www.csp-shop.com/en/engine/bellcrank-linkage-csp-129-941-100-18235f.html

Thank you!

SBS #17
GearheadJim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

I've been collecting parts and think this is the year I have a motor built. I have the Vintage Speed linkage for my Weber 42 DCNFs, quality looks good, will have to wait to see how it performs. I've been looking at air cleaners, would love to go the cold air custom intake route like @W1K1 but expect that to be a phase 2. For phase 1 I'm debating either the Berg shorties or the style similar to those RamFlos. Pierce Manifolds has the RamFlo style for the DCNF for about half the price, $34ea.

https://www.piercemanifolds.com/DCNF_AIR_FILTER_USED_ON_FLAT_TOP_p/1017.htm

@Ataraxia, Have you been happy with the RamFlos?
W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

those ramflo are certainly better than the 3/4" tall CB filters for air flow, as long as they aren't squished against the engine lid.

My airbox setup is getting a revamp this year to run with the 45 dells, the feed hoses need to get bigger, I'm only running 2 @ 2" at the moment and it's not enough .

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

What length accelerator cable do you run with the CSP? Just put it all in and noticed the stock is about 8-9" too long.

SBS #17
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

most people use the cut to length generic

that fuel pump has way to much pressure (in my observation over 5psi)
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Linkage Reply with quote

Thanks Eric. I figured it was the universal but wanted to see if there was a shorty option. I'll look into the fuel pump thing too. Thanks.

SBS #17
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: