Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Subaru Turbo Coolant Lines
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
minger714
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Subaru Turbo Coolant Lines Reply with quote

I'm in the process of preparing my EJ20k to swap into my car and was wondering what to do with the coolant lines that run to the turbo.

How did you guys run the coolant lines if you relocated your turbo to the front of the engine? Would it be ok to delete the coolant lines from the stock turbo?

I'll be removing the coolant tank so where would I pull coolant from if I were to keep the coolant lines?
av8shunmeckaneck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Subaru Turbo Coolant Lines Reply with quote

You can't just remove the coolant tank. The way the EJ coolant system is engineered the expansion tank acts as a central point for return of the warm up loop. I made a new one relocated it in my swap into a Thing. The turbo is already at the front of the engine, when installed in a vw. Do you mean to the rear? If you move it anywhere you can always get banjo to AN fittings and run the coolant plumbing anywhere. You'll need to figure out the oil supply and return though since they are right near the turbo in the stock location.

Check out my Thingaru thread in the Thing forum. Maybe get some ideas.
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Subaru Turbo Coolant Lines Reply with quote

I’ve run the WRX turbo without coolant for at least 5-6 years and probably 25,000 miles and it’s been trouble free. Who knows how many miles it had before I got it.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: