Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

95 EVC main ECU map sensor issue
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
druuid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject: 95 EVC main ECU map sensor issue Reply with quote

Just joined the club with a 95 EVC!
Mostly in good working order however there is an issue with the ECU map sensor.
Unfortunately on this year the map sensor is part of the ECU.
Does anyone know if you can just replace/repair this part in the ECU?
Anyone have the part# for this internal sensor? I have the skillset to be able to do this work if I can source the part.
Another idea I had was to unsolder and take out old map sensor then solder in an external map sensor like the older model styles but don't know if the ECU would work with it.
My ECU part# is 023906024M for reference.
Any help on this is appreciated!
wannabecamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 EVC main ECU map sensor issue Reply with quote

Inside the ECU. Ebay is the source.

https://www.ebay.com/p/27039055665?iid=114275329711

Or any other ebay listing.

The ECU is located next to the driver side fender near the battery. My recollection tells me it is held by a couple of torx screws. Disconnect the connector, and a few more torx to open the ECU itself. There are a few soldering tabs that you have to unsolder and resolder.
druuid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 EVC main ECU map sensor issue Reply with quote

Thanks, how did you find this part# and info on this ECU?
I have been perusing eBay for something and do want to make sure to get the right one!
I'll definitely take it apart and take a look to confirm if I can.
Thanks!

wannabecamper wrote:
Inside the ECU. Ebay is the source.

https://www.ebay.com/p/27039055665?iid=114275329711

Or any other ebay listing.

The ECU is located next to the driver side fender near the battery. My recollection tells me it is held by a couple of torx screws. Disconnect the connector, and a few more torx to open the ECU itself. There are a few soldering tabs that you have to unsolder and resolder.
VAEV1993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 EVC main ECU map sensor issue Reply with quote

Yeah. As said above, open up the ecu and you’ll see the p/n for the map sensor and can search based on that. It worked for me really well on my ‘93. Good luck and keep us posted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BALDY & BLONDIE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: 95 EVC main ECU map sensor issue Reply with quote

also try checking/replacing vacuum hoses, made a huge difference to mine, also a 95
druuid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: 95 EVC main ECU map sensor issue Reply with quote

Good tip, already tested the hose and pressure is good!

BALDY & BLONDIE wrote:
also try checking/replacing vacuum hoses, made a huge difference to mine, also a 95
druuid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: 95 EVC main ECU map sensor issue Reply with quote

Referencing your old post photo inside the ECU it definitely looks like something I can do (I was worried it was more integrated than the 3 pins I see).

Will post updates here when I get it out and hopefully fixed!

Thanks again for all the support!

For others cross reference this is the excellent post where there is a picture of inside the ECU and MAP sensor:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683873

VAEV1993 wrote:
Yeah. As said above, open up the ecu and you’ll see the p/n for the map sensor and can search based on that. It worked for me really well on my ‘93. Good luck and keep us posted.
druuid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 EVC main ECU map sensor issue Reply with quote

I fixed the issue successfully!

I've posted full detailed instructions in the post noted below on how to do the fix yourself (info on a replacement MAP sensor also in the post).

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9645150#9645150
wannabecamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: 95 EVC main ECU map sensor issue Reply with quote

Thanks for the detailed write up and contributing to the community!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: