Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eurovan auto to manual transaxle conversions
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
boostin20v
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan auto to manual transaxle conversions Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/ForeignAutoSupply/posts/2720544051301848

most frustrating part of most related info/threads....someone figuring out how to do something and then not offering it to the community (paid or free). Disappointing to see they're not willing to talk about it and their collaborator has moved on to other projects.
TFB777
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan auto to manual transaxle conversions Reply with quote

This is good to know for the day the when auto tranny decides to give up the ghost - especially since I am near Portland, OR.
paddygarcia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan auto to manual transaxle conversions Reply with quote

TFB777 wrote:
This is good to know for the day the when auto tranny decides to give up the ghost - especially since I am near Portland, OR.

Maybe I'm missing what you're getting at, but FA&S is near the 'other' Portland Smile
Chipzack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan auto to manual transaxle conversions Reply with quote

Hi, i have both auto and manual units with vr6 aes engines, auto tranny is out of service already, so i swapped all necessary parts like manual trans, flywheel, clutch disc with pressure plate, clutch and brake pedals, starter, gearshift levers / linkages, hydraulic hose, etc.
New battery but no crank on engine, do i need to swap the wiring harness? And the panel gauge as well? Or the ecu?
Thanks in advance!😀😀😀
YOGIVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan auto to manual transaxle conversions Reply with quote

Clock (speedometer) might stay old one. You need to remove TCM and wiring for it. And the most important behind the main fuse box there is one wire which needs to be to be conn3cted, I think red/black bit not 100% sure and my van is stored for the winter and I can not verify it.
Westfalia James Cook 2.9TD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chipzack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan auto to manual transaxle conversions Reply with quote

Do you have pdf for workshop manuals t4 vr6?
soissisc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan auto to manual transaxle conversions Reply with quote

There is a thread on here or vwvortex of a manual swap that shows the wire.

68 Westy
92 Jetta (oh it is retired)
99 Eurovan
05 NBC
06 Audi A3
72 Westy (I am going to fix it up)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chipzack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan auto to manual transaxle conversions Reply with quote

soissisc wrote:
There is a thread on here or vwvortex of a manual swap that shows the wire.

Oh great, do you know the thread?
soissisc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan auto to manual transaxle conversions Reply with quote

Let me do a little searching. I have it bookmarked somewhere.

68 Westy
92 Jetta (oh it is retired)
99 Eurovan
05 NBC
06 Audi A3
72 Westy (I am going to fix it up)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chipzack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan auto to manual transaxle conversions Reply with quote

Finally had it running. Thanks
Another problem is high rpms @ idle 1000-1100rpms bad fc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: