Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Identify the Buggy!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

This has been buried in a drive shed on my parents' property for 20+ years. A lot of signs are pointing to Manx but I doubt I'm that lucky.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Dash and windshield frame are missing, does have the raised piece in the nose for an emblem. No markings or ID tags anywhere.
'60 Canadian Standard, '64 Bug, another '64 Bug, '66 Bug, '69 Sunroof Bug, '69 GT3 Bug, '71 Super, '72 Super, '73 Canadian Custom, '74 Love Bug, '83 Mexi Bug, '85 Cabrio, '94 Mexi Bug, '99 New Beetle, '02 New Beetle Turbo S, '03 New Beetle VR6. And some Fieros.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Arnettrog67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Hello My name is Roger, I am brand-new to this page , I've been reading and thought that I would share what I have going on presently. I have a Manx and I hate saying this but I think it's a manx style, so I found out through the manx club that you can get a body authenticated , to do so you can have this done at [email protected] I am currently waiting for mine to be done, And for next to nothing what get is front and rear emblems and a new registry tag with numbers also a certificate signed by both Bruce Meyers and Winnie Meyers you can verify all of this at Meyers Manx club Thought that this was pretty cool so I shared Also on the authentication Winnie tells you what parts of the body to take pictures of both under and above Anyways thanks for reading
Davz912/911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Any idea?

[img]https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2103405.jpg[/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

bandi wrote:
This has been buried in a drive shed on my parents' property for 20+ years. A lot of signs are pointing to Manx but I doubt I'm that lucky.

Dash and windshield frame are missing, does have the raised piece in the nose for an emblem. No markings or ID tags anywhere.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
'60 Canadian Standard, '64 Bug, another '64 Bug, '66 Bug, '69 Sunroof Bug, '69 GT3 Bug, '71 Super, '72 Super, '73 Canadian Custom, '74 Love Bug, '83 Mexi Bug, '85 Cabrio, '94 Mexi Bug, '99 New Beetle, '02 New Beetle Turbo S, '03 New Beetle VR6. And some Fieros.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Matika66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

It looks like a Bandito ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flat44ever
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

hi guys!

Is this a sears rascal??

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Buggy Brian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

This thread seems to go for a long time without any responses. There are also facebook pages for Buggy ID that get quicker responses, but you'll lose the info super quick, while this page stays around forever.

Bandi,
Your tubes down the driver's side look off to me for some reason, not sure, but the front opening being flared out like that is just off. The roll bar looks correct for a Manx, but there is no evidence of the lifting blocks on the front firewall. Do you have photos of the rear firewall?

Also, look for any holes where the tag would have been (maybe from behind to see if they were filled and painted over). Same for the nose (Manx emblem) and rear where the back Manx badge would have been. Those can be some key factors that Winnie Meyers would need to help authenticate it. Ultimately, it's her call.

Arnettrog67,
While email is great, follow it up with a call and ask her to check, as she gets tons of emails. There is a fee for authenticating them. Some people are appalled at this, but it truly helps to weed out the obvious ones. She was receiving 20-30 emails a day, and most of the buggies weren't even close. Charging the fee helps reduce that traffic, and the money paid goes towards the certificate and badges if you choose to buy the kit (highly recommended).
If yours is an authentic Manx, it's a Manx 2, due to no battery tray or spare tire well. Send pictures of the nose, as the hood emblem area is very pronounced and has crisp lines.

Dave912/911,
Not a damned clue man. Haven't seen anything like that rear, except for what is referred to as a diaper kit (rear engine cover) that a couple of companies made to satisfy states that required the engine be covered. Meyers Manx made one as well, and they're pretty rare. Yours is built in, and definitely different. NOT a bandito.

Flat44ever,
Could be. The Rascal had a number of variations over the years, and that hood is definitely just like the majority of them. If forget details about that rear end, but it is most likely one.

Hope this helps....
-(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
-Original Home built buggy that started all. I learned to drive in it back in 1985.
Manx Club Member # 4436

Check out my Loretta here: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=3365Manx

Scarlett is getting a Makeover! http://manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=3745&p=24983#p24983
bandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Buggy Brian wrote:

Bandi,
Your tubes down the driver's side look off to me for some reason, not sure, but the front opening being flared out like that is just off. The roll bar looks correct for a Manx, but there is no evidence of the lifting blocks on the front firewall. Do you have photos of the rear firewall?

Thank you! I'll grab a few more photos next time I'm out there.
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Sears never called it a Rascal... someone in the magazine article industry did.

http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=63

I've got original Sears ads & catalog pages - no reference to anything other than 'Sears Dune Buggy'.

bnc
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

pistolpetecowboy wrote:
https://www.carparts.com/blog/ahead-of-the-curve/

"Karma Coach Works then took on the S.R., calling it the SR2, making kits at least through 1974, with Meyers improving the top, side curtains and door hinge. Overall, it was produced in California, Oklahoma and then Maryland for more than 25 years!"

lol Oklahoma! I had to go to Hawaiian Gardens, CA to get a speedster. Laughing

'... produced for more than 25 years' is a bit misleading. Few SR/SR2 buggies were made, regardless of who held the molds.

bnc
Roscoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

What’s this??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
manxbuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Roscoe wrote:
What’s this??

That looks like a late 60's/early 70's Lotus Europa
Roscoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Anyone know what this is????

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bob Elgin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

looks like a Ocelot...
My Build http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5987690#5987690
My Youtube page
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqd2r1Af7uZgqlnxAtMap4A
Roscoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Yes it does, but I’m pretty sure the back is entirely different
Baja Buck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

This buggy followed me home. It is on a 69 pan with a 1600 engine. Any idea on who made the body? The ribs on the side seem very unique.

B
61Boondocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

The very first Buggy in the thread.... the Blue one. I don't think anyone ever answered that guys question.
I'm 99.9 % sure the answer is...
A Kedco Boon Docker. Most likely built in El Segundo CA. The factory burned down along with the molds. So there aren't many of them. I've been looking far and wide for them. I know of 3. The one I own, one in the Netherlands and the one in this thread (assuming it still exists). I'm a member of the Manx club which is open to any kind of buggy. And I have the only one in the club according to one of the historians. There must be more of them out there.
I'd love to speak to the owner of that car.

For all those buggy fans that didn't know, Bruce Meyers Passed away of natural causes on Feb 19th 2021. He will be missed.

Here are various angles of my car.

spudnickel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Can someone identify this? Couldn't find any clues myself. Thanks!!

61Boondocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Its a cool buggy. I don't think its one of the Kedco variants. It looks really similar but the hood scoop isn't quite the same and the nose seems much rounder. There are also stand offs for the headlights. So, Sorry, not much help here. But none the less that buggy has very nice lines and has the potential to one sexy beast.
fokker100
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Hi folks,
Is it possible to have a perfect outside copy of a Manx and still have discrepancies like battery tray and spare wheel hole but no tubs under the fenders?
There is no tag, but if it was not for the tubs it would be a perfect copy.
So I was wondering for the few Manx that went out without tubs, were they all without battery and spare wheel holes?
Thanks guys for your help!

I also have just discovered Bruce Meyers passed away in February.
I’ve had the honor to receive a trophy from him in France about 25 years ago, the Manx has always been everywhere in meetings all across Europe, part of the family.
The community lost one of its best cool person, I feel very sad and presents my condoleances to his friends and family.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Jump to:
Page 29 of 32

Jump to: