Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oil Pressure Spring Torment
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Pressure Spring Torment Reply with quote

There is a copper sealing washer for the bolt you just threaded in

Could be aluminum too
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carguytroy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Pressure Spring Torment Reply with quote

I got the washers. I was looking at this thread thinking it was a different one. They are copper and washers. Thought he was talking about lash caps. That’s in another thread. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Pressure Spring Torment Reply with quote

Concerning your spring, you can measure it, and compare with the measurements I have collected here.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=721586

As for your dexterity and hand strength, I'm not an expert in that area.
As they say in the commercials..... ask your doctor Razz

Cb performance sells an allen head retaining plug that may be just the ticket...if you need that.
carguytroy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Pressure Spring Torment Reply with quote

modok wrote:
Concerning your spring, you can measure it, and compare with the measurements I have collected here.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=721586

As for your dexterity and hand strength, I'm not an expert in that area.
As they say in the commercials..... ask your doctor Razz

Cb performance sells an allen head retaining plug that may be just the ticket...if you need that.

That’s what I ended up buying. Those and a T handle did the job. Finally. I have a call into my doctor after this project. And therapist.
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Pressure Spring Torment Reply with quote

I still think there must be something wrong with your plunger bore or perhaps yours previously had the ball version and the sleeve is still there.

How far was the spring sticking out of the hole when installing?

This is normally about as simple as can be to install. If you were having to apply that much force to get it to thread in, something is wrong
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Pressure Spring Torment Reply with quote

Does the plunger slide smoothly the entire depth of the bore? Any boogers in there from tapping for galley plugs?
carguytroy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Pressure Spring Torment Reply with quote

Cleaned it all out. They move good in the bores.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: