Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aftermarket wiper/washer switch wiring
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbug57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject: Aftermarket wiper/washer switch wiring Reply with quote

I installed a 14.5" Grant Rally GT steering wheel. I love it. The dish is 3 1/2" It clears the turn signal lever just fine, the wiper switch brushes my knuckles. My electric washer pump is already a button on my dash. So I'm going to amputate the wiper stalk at the column, and I bought this switch

https://www.waytekwire.com/item/43918/Littelfuse-75228-03-Electric-Two-Speed-Wiper

Here is the pinout:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Using this wiring diagram -

I come up with this:
53a to B (on new switch)
53b to H (high speed)
53 to L (low speed)
53e to P (park)

B to 12v fused to ignition
W to washer pump positive

If anyone has time to confirm this for me I would really appreciate it. It's the best I can figure out. This way I have one rotary/push button - wipe/wash on the dash, where my wash button is now anyway.

Thanks, Jim
runamoc Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket wiper/washer switch wiring Reply with quote

I don't think the wiper motor has 'dynamic parking'. The stock wiper motor switch has to be grounded to work and it's part of the park circuit. Maybe try a stock switch?

VW Wiring = It's just wires
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jimbug57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket wiper/washer switch wiring Reply with quote

My car is a 73 super - the wiring is different than a 67. In my diagram V is the motor and E is the switch. The circuit is providing ground through the wiper motor.
Jimbug57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket wiper/washer switch wiring Reply with quote

The switch arrives Monday. I have a brand new wiper motor sitting on a shelf. Also have a 12v power supply. I'll wire it all up and see what happens before I disturb anything in the car. I'll post results next week.
Dark Earth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket wiper/washer switch wiring Reply with quote

Jimbug57 wrote:
I installed a 14.5" Grant Rally GT steering wheel. I love it. The dish is 3 1/2" It clears the turn signal lever just fine, the wiper switch brushes my knuckles. My electric washer pump is already a button on my dash. So I'm going to amputate the wiper stalk at the column, and I bought this switch

https://www.waytekwire.com/item/43918/Littelfuse-75228-03-Electric-Two-Speed-Wiper

Here is the pinout:

Using this wiring diagram -

I come up with this:
53a to B (on new switch)
53b to H (high speed)
53 to L (low speed)
53e to P (park)

B to 12v fused to ignition
W to washer pump positive

If anyone has time to confirm this for me I would really appreciate it. It's the best I can figure out. This way I have one rotary/push button - wipe/wash on the dash, where my wash button is now anyway.

Thanks, Jim

That will work perfectly and it will park as it should.

~I'm almost done. I just lack finishing up.~ Anxious
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: