Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

JX diesel injector pump boost device
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Dave.Arthur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

Wow, good catch on the accelerator lever!

I must have been pressing to hard Shocked

I have a replacement!
JFW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

Great thread, Dave! Thx. This will be saved. It also reminded me of a thread over at Brick-Yard that might be of interest: http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/the-definitive-smokey-jx-thread_topic33228.html

Br,

Truls
Museum director.
Bicycle framebuilder.
Thinkerer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JFW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

Btw, I just uploaded the original JX manual to the Vanagon Owners group over at FB. It can also be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ruurzjqwledsgj1/Dieselmotor_Mechanik_MKB_CS-JX-KY.pdf?dl=0

Cheers!

Truls
Museum director.
Bicycle framebuilder.
Thinkerer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dave Friday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

That link didn't work for me heres one I use; Syncrosport.com
Good luck.
dave Friday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

Thanks Waldo for the information about the stuck wastegate,I've been adjusting it and still only have .4 bar! But I have full fueling EGt maxim is 800deg c as a result!!
Thanks folks.
JFW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

dave Friday wrote:
That link didn't work for me heres one I use; Syncrosport.com
Good luck.

Strange! It should be shared and easy to access. The one over at Syncrosport only covers the injection system.

Truls
Museum director.
Bicycle framebuilder.
Thinkerer.
dave Friday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

Yes yours right ,piitty I can't see your manual
Ta,Baz
JFW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

dave Friday wrote:
Yes yours right ,piitty I can't see your manual
Ta,Baz

Very strange. However I found it another place. Hopefully you'll have better luck here: https://www.vw-bus.ru/docs/T3/Dieselmotor_Mechanik_MKB_CS-JX-KY.pdf
Museum director.
Bicycle framebuilder.
Thinkerer.
dave Friday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

Thanks that works.
Kr,Baz.
Dave.Arthur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

Further on JX boost enrichment. Im in the process of building an IP for an ALH transplant into my T3. I intend on using the JX boost enrichment device on the mTDI pump under construction.

The manner in which the boost enrichment is actuated is the same between the JX and the more conventional aneroid device. A lever acts upon the fuelling control lever.

I am attaching two images, one of the business end of the JX device where it contacts the fuelling control lever and the eccentric that is rotated when the LDA moves.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Dave.Arthur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

In search of knowledge and understanding of the JX LDA (tin can), I came across a manual from Oettinger, covering the addition of a liquid intercooler to the JX, increasing the Turbo boost and modifying the LDA to perform extra fuelling.

Im trying to translate it to english. I ran across this excert and looking for a german speaker to actually translate it rather than Google!

Kontur des unteren Hebels im VL-Anschlag-Bereich dem oberen Hebel angeglichen
Fixiernase des unteren Hebels entfernt
Hebellage gegeneinander so eingestellt, daß VorspannWeg in Nullage 0,2 ... 0,3 mm beträgt
(Z ie 1: Mehrfördermenge)

I believe they want the lower cam profiled (ground down) to fit the contour of the upper cam...
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

The fuel enrichment works the same all these Bosch VE pumps, but the JX pump has an unique shaft/cam system rather than the standard cone driven follower.

The Oettinger modification allows a bit more turn of the shaft which allows more movement of the pin on the cam.
However it is still less than you can achieve on the standard cone system by modifying the plastic bump collar or the entire cone angle. And the spring inside the membrane canister is soft and the preload range is more limited.

So IMO it has really limited potential of adding more power.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave.Arthur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

Agreed Zoltan. I was just trying to understand what they were doing in the instructions. What I really need to do is add a regular LDA to my pump and clearance the engine cover to fit.

Im having trouble finding a VE aneroid assembly... Any tips?
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

Dave.Arthur wrote:
Agreed Zoltan. I was just trying to understand what they were doing in the instructions. What I really need to do is add a regular LDA to my pump and clearance the engine cover to fit.

Im having trouble finding a VE aneroid assembly... Any tips?

OK. The manual says grind down the locating bump on the lower lever then adjust the two levers against each other to have 0.2 to 0.3 mm preload at the resting position
On the german forums there are more agressive levers.
https://www.bulliforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=100375
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pvfahrer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

Dave.Arthur wrote:
In search of knowledge and understanding of the JX LDA (tin can), I came across a manual from Oettinger, covering the addition of a liquid intercooler to the JX, increasing the Turbo boost and modifying the LDA to perform extra fuelling.

Im trying to translate it to english. I ran across this excert and looking for a german speaker to actually translate it rather than Google!

Kontur des unteren Hebels im VL-Anschlag-Bereich dem oberen Hebel angeglichen
Fixiernase des unteren Hebels entfernt
Hebellage gegeneinander so eingestellt, daß VorspannWeg in Nullage 0,2 ... 0,3 mm beträgt
(Z ie 1: Mehrfördermenge)

I believe they want the lower cam profiled (ground down) to fit the contour of the upper cam...

Not sure if this is still needed:

Match profile of lower lever with VL-limiter-area of upper lever.
Holding protrusion (Fixiernase, not really sure what a good translation is) of lower lever removed.
Levers adjusted against each other that play at rest is 0.2-0.3mm.

(Objective: adjusted fuel delivery)
weekenderraf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

A repair kit can also be found here: https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Membrandose-1-6L-JX-VW-T2-T3-TD-Reparatursatz/163481205346
Price: €29 + shipment: €8,50.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pvfahrer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

weekenderraf wrote:
A repair kit can also be found here: https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Membrandose-1-6L-JX-VW-T2-T3-TD-Reparatursatz/163481205346

Yes, also the diagram used in Bosch pumps on Cummins Diesel engines fit as well. You can order these at various diesel repair shops or eBay as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anaroid-AFC-DIAPHRAGM-for...632-2357-0

As a matter of fact I am just trying to install one and the PO must have done this before. Word of advice is if you open up the pressure box be careful not to grind down the outer rim too much because the diagram will need some surface to seal properly.
jhax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

pvfahrer wrote:
weekenderraf wrote:

Yes, also the diagram used in Bosch pumps on Cummins Diesel engines fit as well. You can order these at various diesel repair shops or eBay as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anaroid-AFC-DIAPHRAGM-for...632-2357-0

As a matter of fact I am just trying to install one and the PO must have done this before. Word of advice is if you open up the pressure box be careful not to grind down the outer rim too much because the diagram will need some surface to seal properly.

Damnit! I just purchased one from the german shop and paid a lot more on shipping than necessary. Oh well. Going to tuck this away for future reference.
jhax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

Fixirnase

From what it seems like, the procedure is to rotate the upper eccentric to match the lower, turning it "clockwise" so there is as little space as possible between the lower and upped profile on the fuel line side of the pivot arms. Then cut the profile of the bottom (removing the nose) to match the top. Is that correct?
Dave.Arthur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: JX diesel injector pump boost device Reply with quote

Looking at the Bulliforum www.bulliforum.com I found quite a bit of information about the T3 LDA.

There is a lot of discussion about re-profiling the lower cam plate, this will allow for more fuelling. However the LDA push rod extension needs to match the boost profile of the turbo.

Their solution was to make a new cam (or grind the existing) and use a stronger spring in the LDA. One is not useful without the other. I am trying to get specifics on the spring and source it now.

BTW I did discover the use of the stop screw adjustment that holds the cam at rest. It is the equivalent of the 'Smoke Screw' in normal LDA discussions. It determines the start of enrichment when the boost comes up based on the RPM/governor. Reducing the length will start enrichment earlier, lengthening will delay enrichment.

I'm posting a picture of the before and after cams.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: