Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1974 westy water tank
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjsummer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1974 westy water tank Reply with quote

Did you end up selling that tank? The the exact one I need for my 78. Mine has cracks water that metal spout comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Midreal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1974 westy water tank Reply with quote

rjsummer wrote:
Did you end up selling that tank? The the exact one I need for my 78. Mine has cracks water that metal spout comes out.

I do still have the tank I will PM you now 👍
Stig Hoofa Hoofa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: 1974 westy water tank Reply with quote

Midreal wrote:
I have a water tank I pulled out of a older van quite awhile back. I am cleaning my shed out and listing parts I don’t need. But I noticed that the tank I have has the water pump and drain located under the tall part of the tank instead of under the narrow part like seen in this post. So now I am wondering why and how to list it. Is this not a standard 70’s westfalia tank? Why would it be reversed? I can’t find many photos online or much info on these. Any help would be appreciated.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sent you a pm, hopefully you’ve still got this.
rjsummer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: 1974 westy water tank Reply with quote

Hi, I still have the tank I bought, haven’t installed it yet so I can have a look today. What is the part number on the side? Does it say campmobile?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kckane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: 1974 westy water tank Reply with quote

I realize this is an older thread, but it's worth a shot...

I am on the hunt for a 1974 Campmobile water tank. I need one that has the hose connections on the bottom of the shorter part of the tank (not the tallest part of the tank). I bought a water tank that has the hose connections on the taller part of the tank. I suppose I could do some modifications on the shelf the tank sits on and get longer hoses, but I prefer to have the tank that has the hose connections underneath the shorter part of the tank.

Any help in locating the tank I need would be great. And any insights into possibly modifying the shelf that the tank sits on are useful as well. I really don't know what I'm doing.

'74 Bus Campmobile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: