Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How would u fix this?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: How would u fix this? Reply with quote

AZ Landshaper wrote:
Is it legal to expect my employee to pay for a share of this? Id be more than happy to see this happen. This guy has been on a tare lately. He should be feeling some of this in his wallet. Maybe feeling the pain would end his carelessness.

That would be a question for your lawyer and/or insurance company. It sounds to me like a good way to lose an employee.

As for the original question, I would bring it to a competent metal shop and see what they say. Trying some kind of repair on your own would only make it worse. Suck up the cost and claim it on your insurance.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: How would u fix this? Reply with quote

AZ Landshaper wrote:
Is it legal to expect my employee to pay for a share of this? Id be more than happy to see this happen. This guy has been on a tare lately. He should be feeling some of this in his wallet. Maybe feeling the pain would end his carelessness.

it's certainly legal for you to fire your employee for negligence or failure to perform their duties as prescribed by you, the business owner.
i would approach this conversation with this in mind.
Pez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: How would u fix this? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Is this samba or Facebook ?

thesambook.com.
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: How would u fix this? Reply with quote

AZ Landshaper wrote:
My employee swiped the legs out from below a clients yard art. She wants it fixed. Isnt real picky about how but wants it back in the yard by jobs end. It’s some cheap ass brass alloy from China. Local welder said no luck. Another guy quoted me $600. I’m considering some repair involving jb weld. Not even sure that’s gonna work. Whadayathink?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Step one, Fire Employee
You don't want a thief on your payroll going from job to job, stealing from your customers.
Step two
In broken English, with a Spanish accent, say I know nothing about it, it wasn't there when we started the job.

I had to get rid of the cleaning lady that had been working for me for years.
and then the cleaning ladies my wife hired, because of her near constant bitching
about the work done, or her shit missing.
Fortunately(?) we entered the time of Covid 19, so I was able to NOT HIRE ANYONE,
and forbid anyone coming into the new house for the last 7 months.
It's been heaven!

P.S.
We are on our 4th set of Gardeners in the same 7 months since we moved, she still likes these guys, but it's only been a month.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: How would u fix this? Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
AZ Landshaper wrote:
My employee swiped the legs out from below a clients yard art. She wants it fixed. Isnt real picky about how but wants it back in the yard by jobs end. It’s some cheap ass brass alloy from China. Local welder said no luck. Another guy quoted me $600. I’m considering some repair involving jb weld. Not even sure that’s gonna work. Whadayathink?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Step one, Fire Employee
You don't want a thief on your payroll going from job to job, stealing from your customers.

I think he means his employee hit the thing with a lawnmower or some sort which knocked the legs off the giant bronze shrimp eating bird. Although it would be a bit comical to see said employee trying to randomly stash two bird legs.

I'm to invested in this, AZ Landscaper. Hope it works out for ya, gotta agree with letting customer handle repairs and pass the bill along to you(or employee later). Will cost more but will put the issue behind you.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: How would u fix this? Reply with quote

It is legal to ask them to pay for some portion of the repair. Keep it simple , with cash and receipts , no “working for free “ to pay it off. That will get you into trouble.

If it’s a problem employee, it’s probation or “ welcome to your new career as a customer” time. ( Stolen from Lowe’s)
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: How would u fix this? Reply with quote

be sure you have a warranty period!!! like 30 seconds or 30 centimeters witch ever comes first.....or you will have to keep doing it for the rest of your life.....yes there are those people out there. it may be cheeper to just buy a new one or ofer them $500 compinsation.and take it out of whoo ever did it's check/pay...or can them and smile. (eye wood can them in a heart beat)
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: How would u fix this? Reply with quote

Everyone has overlooked the possibility that you are dealing with a defective Flamingo here. The customer might be trying you get you to pay for replacing a piece of junk that was an accident waiting to happen at any time. Evil or Very Mad
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: How would u fix this? Reply with quote

I think EMPI has pink flamingoes, or was that a bad movie?
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: How would u fix this? Reply with quote

Welp, did ya fix it?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: