Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

adjusting the closing of the engine lid latch
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
thuestis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject: adjusting the closing of the engine lid latch Reply with quote

Guys,

Forgive me if this topic has been covered. I've searched the forum and did not find anything.

The closing of my engine lid for my 1960 Westfalia is really difficult. I have to push very hard to get the latch to catch and hold the lid closed. I've tried several different engine lid seals thinking maybe my seal was too stiff or too thick, but that has not helped.

Is there a way to adjust the closing latch for the lid? I am thinking my catch should be adjusted to accept the thickness of the rubber seal.

Any and all advice is GREATLY appreciated!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: adjusting the closing of the engine lid latch Reply with quote

I wouldn't say it's the recommended option, but I had to file the tip of the latch on mine after I replaced the rear apron panel.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dschup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: adjusting the closing of the engine lid latch Reply with quote

I had the same issue, but mine was due to the seal, I replaced it with another that didn't push the engine lid out as far and now the lid closes easily. Also try adjusting the upper hinges so the top of the engine lid sits out a bit further.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: