Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

jjvincent wrote:
Xtremjeepn wrote:
Little project I've been doing on Blu.0

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
How many Pokemon have you caught with that so far?

Unfortunately it doesn't give that level of functionality. Laughing

I just put this van back together yesterday. The stereo is "nice" and really transforms the feel of the van. But the ultimate functionality is a little...odd. I guess I just need to get used to it. (reading of texts, etc)
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

You know you should be able to talk to Siri with that. If you can, then change your contact info name for Siri to call you Captain CaveVan. I have mine set to Captain Lonestar.
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

jjvincent wrote:
You know you should be able to talk to Siri with that. If you can, then change your contact info name for Siri to call you Captain CaveVan. I have mine set to Captain Lonestar.

Awesome!! Wink
vivarice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtremjeepn wrote:
boinzy wrote:
Another question...

Where did you order your tint from? Seems like everything was in order and you were happy?

...hope I'm not being a pest, but I'm learning a lot from your projects, thank you.

Not a pest at all! I love open discussion about this stuff, helps me and everyone learn more, think more about the topic! Very Happy

I think the hardest thing in the past about window tint was cutting it to the perfect size. Ordering it pre cut makes it a really simple job. You still have to cut out for the side window handles and the rear tail light though.

http://www.precutautotint.com

Hi Cole, I'm thinking about ordering Ceramic tints from precutautotint.com and wanted to check with you on what percentage you have selected for your Blue.O on a front and back windows if you remember? Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hi Cole, I'm thinking about ordering Ceramic tints from precutautotint.com and wanted to check with you on what percentage you have selected for your Blue.O on a front and back windows if you remember? Thanks!

I think it's 35 of the front windows and 20 on the back.
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

1999 Eurovan Westfalia Weekender.
245k Miles
20k on rebuilt 12v VR6 Engine
Recent maintenance...all nearly zero miles(both CV axle shafts, new start battery, new brakes, Bilstein shocks (used off other van but Good), tie rods, lower ball joints, coil, plugs, plug wires, fuel injectors, all new intake gaskets)

-CaveVan hand stitched leather steering wheel with matching blue stitching (just installed)
-lift kit
-Brand new (3 day old) tires 225/70/16 Hankook dynapro ATM
-CaveVan 16” wheel upgrade
-Alpine Ilx-007 Apple Car play double DIN infotainment system
-Carbon Fiber heated seat elements added to the front two seats.
-Imported Euro dash cubby
-ceramic heat reduction window tint
-vinyl flooring instead of the stock carpet
-CaveVan full stainless exhaust from downpipe back including new cat and muffler. (About 1,000miles on this)
-Yakima roof rails
-dog resistant window screens
-passenger side seat swivel on custom lowered seat base with custom paint and upholstery.
-hand made beetle kill pine upper bunk and table.
-upper bunk trim painted to match van.
-new front fenders
-alarm with remote start
-lower body is bed lined in color matched bed liner.
-custom Sunbrella curtains

The “rough around the edges”

-“Dings” and Scuffs on nearly every body panel. Some “dents” in the lower rocker panels (very common to Eurovans)
-Some surface rust
-Samba (the Australian Shepard) chewed the corner of the beetle kill pine table when he was a puppy)

We have tried to fix all the known issues with all new parts to make this a good van for someone. Obviously we have the ability to do more or any custom work someone may want.

$15,000

Let me know if you have other questions

Cole
CaveVan.com
303-359-7469
fatrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What tire rack is this? Is it available anywhere??

Xtremjeepn wrote:

Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

That is a factory VW Syncro rack.

Very rare and hard to come by. Search Europe.
Morrhaven
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

Xtremjeepn wrote:
jjvincent wrote:
Xtremjeepn wrote:
Little project I've been doing on Blu.0

How many Pokemon have you caught with that so far?

Unfortunately it doesn't give that level of functionality. Laughing

I just put this van back together yesterday. The stereo is "nice" and really transforms the feel of the van. But the ultimate functionality is a little...odd. I guess I just need to get used to it. (reading of texts, etc)

Hi! Thanks for posting your cool builds. Can you please tell me what head unit that is and if it required any weird modifications beyond the plastic facia for the heater control nobs? Also if you have any data on the bits you needed to connect it I would love that! Just got a 2003 weekender and I cant wait to start updating it!
Cheers!
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

He doesn't come around much these days. I think he needed to cut and modify the metal dash crossbar in order to accommodate the double DIN chassis. Sony makes several models with DD screens and single DIN chassis.

I can't remember what model I have, but I believe it starts off with the prefix AVX

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

In Blu.O I cut and modified the dash cross bar.

What I do now for customers is use a Sony XAV-AX5500 which is single din on the top with a double din screen.

I’ve considered offering this as a kit with all the bits, templets and instructions on how to do the modification.

Wyotdi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

Please do...
paddygarcia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

Wyotdi wrote:
Please do...

x2
Morrhaven
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

This is an excellent fit-out! I'd buy a kit from you if I knew it would all work? details on the backup camera would be great as well!

I have been trying to figure out if the double din units that are only 2-3 inches deep would fit - such as the Alpine iLX-W650 would fit? i don't mind cutting the plastic, but id like to leave the steel intact.

https://www.crutchfield.ca/p_500ILXW650/Alpine-iLX...ug=1001936

Thanks to all for the thoughts!

Xtremjeepn wrote:
In Blu.O I cut and modified the dash cross bar.

What I do now for customers is use a Sony XAV-AX5500 which is single din on the top with a double din screen.

I’ve considered offering this as a kit with all the bits, templets and instructions on how to do the modification.

Morrhaven
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

Hi, this looks good as well. Did you cut the trim around your heater controls? or is that a piece from some other vehicle? and if so what? Also, did you buy a fitment kit for the plastic housing for the deck?
Thanks!

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
He doesn't come around much these days. I think he needed to cut and modify the metal dash crossbar in order to accommodate the double DIN chassis. Sony makes several models with DD screens and single DIN chassis.

I can't remember what model I have, but I believe it starts off with the prefix AVX

Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

That deadly desert predator might spring a cat code ....
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan "Blu.O" (2.0) Reply with quote

Morrhaven wrote:
Hi, this looks good as well. Did you cut the trim around your heater controls? or is that a piece from some other vehicle? and if so what? Also, did you buy a fitment kit for the plastic housing for the deck?
Thanks!

I just cut the little cubby off the climate control fascia...and not very well. I also modified a double DIN surround piece I had around the shop, but it too didn't look very professional. The head unit fits right into place with the metal cage from the old single DIN HU, so the install is quite easy. If you have a late model van, this mod is highly recommended.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: