Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westfalia Yellow Pail
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr8track
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

My yellow trash pail was stolen from my bus several years ago. I don't realize how rare it was until I searched for a replacement. Mine had the yellow lid and a blue handle. I've never even seen one for sale.
So I keep an eye out for alternatives.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I found this a few years ago. I like it because it matches my bus and fits perfectly in the wooden box.

I recently came across this online and it's a pretty close alternative to the original. No handle but a nice lid. Described as a mini trash can but doesn't give dimensions. I'm going to order one and check it out.
P24p1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

Wow, never ceases to amaze me how much stuff Westfalias came with when they were new!

I found this website if it helps, provides dimensions of the original to compare: http://john-perry.com/vw/stool.html

Good luck with that one you got!

Although.... I wonder if they could be 3D printed? I suppose so given a big enough printer

What rust?

Rev it - don't lug it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

Whats disturbing is that someone would steal your original one. To anyone outside our community, it would have been just a shitty, yellow, plastic pail that a kid could take to the beach.

The fact that someone knew the value of it, means they are or were in our community, and thats the disturbing part. Theres plenty of pieces of shit in the world, and it sucks that they are in our ranks too.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dr8track
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

Thanks for the link to the dimensions. I'm wondering if the black handled pail came with the later year models because my handle was blue. I also wonder if the size of the bucket was the same? At 10.25 inches high that would have left 1/4" clearance in the shorter boxes.
My orange replacement I found is smaller in size. Only 9 inches high with lid and 8.25 wide.
I'm intrigued about the 3D printing option. That whole technology seems like witchcraft to me. Can't wrap head around how that technology works, but if it was possible it seems like there would be a lot of Westy owners who would want one.
dr8track
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
Whats disturbing is that someone would steal your original one. To anyone outside our community, it would have been just a shitty, yellow, plastic pail that a kid could take to the beach.

The fact that someone knew the value of it, means they are or were in our community, and thats the disturbing part. Theres plenty of pieces of shit in the world, and it sucks that they are in our ranks too.

The mechanic blamed individuals from a homeless encampment down the street. He even drove me down to the encampment to check, handing me a pistol from his glove compartment so we'd both be armed. Got there and there was a single unoccupied tent. Searched the area and no signs of any of my stuff. I always accepted his explanation but now that you bring it up, in addition to the bucket they stole a brand new tent top that I had not yet installed as well as my rear speakers which were in speaker boxes. All items that would have been useless to a homeless person but very desirable to a renegade bus owner.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

dr8track wrote:
Jetfxr69 wrote:

The mechanic blamed individuals from a homeless encampment down the street. He even drove me down to the encampment to check, handing me a pistol from his glove compartment so we'd both be armed. Got there and there was a single unoccupied tent. Searched the area and no signs of any of my stuff. I always accepted his explanation but now that you bring it up, in addition to the bucket they stole a brand new tent top that I had not yet installed as well as my rear speakers which were in speaker boxes. All items that would have been useless to a homeless person but very desirable to a renegade bus owner.

I think I know who took your poo pail, tent, and speakers. It’s picture heavy, let me know when you are ready. The evidence is overwhelming Shocked

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

I’ve marked mine with DNA
dr8track
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

Haha! I can hardly wait to have this crime finally solved..
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

The hypothesis establishes two variables, the suspect knew the value of a poo pail and is obsessed with them or the suspect’s inability to control bowel movements, may have been the motivation.

The FBI in 2011 notes, “Incidents of poo pail theft for which the relationships of victims and offenders were known, 54.3 percent were stolen by someone they knew (acquaintance, neighbor, friend, boyfriend, etc.); 24.8 percent of victims were by family members.”

This leads us to a Samba family member. I believe it was a crime of passion and pleasure. The suspect lived in the greater Seattle/Tacoma area during the time of the crime but has since moved south to San Diego county Think fleeing the Pacific Northwest with every poo pail, VW accessory, and knickknack known.

This information I’m about to share with you is not classified nor will your poo pail be in the classifieds. Your poo pail sits on a shelf with several others, like a trophy. If you spot your poo pail quick enough. You might win a sticker. Your movement must be swift in order to do so.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...06e2d4cf48

Now for the evidence..........

Mug shot of suspect

Exhibit-A

Bus accessories

notchboy wrote:
Big thanks to BayCreamPuff for posting a link for an old BOSCH Car Vac. I remember the next door neighbor as a kid had one of these for his Mercedes. He was always using it on the car and the RV after camping. As soon as I saw it again - I had to have two Wink The one you see here and an even nicer one in its og packing box - on its way Cool Laughing

This one works great and should be a great addition to the 77.

I think these suck.[/quote]

Exhibit-2

Pop top

notchboy wrote:
We were able to get some camping time in for the first time in the 77 Westfalia. So the Misses, some gear and the two dogs got tossed in for a trip down the Oregon Coast.

We took a leisurely 2 dayer down to Coos Bay area. The best stop was at a RV park on the beach next to Bastendorf Beach County Park. The coast down through there is simply amazing and breathtaking. We got to see it first hand on a clear warm day. A great place to have a first camp.

Can you spot the pop top?

Early morning coffee at the Sunset Bay State Park

Exhibit- C

Speaker

notchboy wrote:
Latest goings on with the Westfalia Box - Speaker Booming thingy Im building.

All holes for the speakers and ports are cut, the R&L side separated, the lid for the top to close in the speakers is done. All that's left is to get some sore of external plug quick release for the +&- and a male fitting for the blue tooth gig thingy.

Exhibit-4

Poo pail

notchboy wrote:
I was able to finish the actual box. No stereo internals yet. But I wanted to see how it fit & looked? Kinda big, but the only dimensions I embellished were making it square as opposed to the original rectangle. I tried to make it looks like it belongs. As it sits, it could pass for OG, no?

All leads are welcome. Do not approach the suspect. Do not mention VW’s with the suspect. Do not show the suspect any flashy boxes of NOS Bosch parts, and god help you, should be you towing a Westfalia trailer broken down on the side of the road Shocked

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

I bought replacement pails from Uline a few years ago. I think I had to order 5. One is in the Bus, and the others have come in handy for other things since then.

https://www.uline.com/Product/AdvSearchResult?keywords=yellow+bucket&SubGroups=8150&view=ALL

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
dr8track
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
The hypothesis establishes two variables, the suspect knew the value of a poo pail and is obsessed with them or the suspect’s inability to control bowel movements, may have been the motivation.

The FBI in 2011 notes, “Incidents of poo pail theft for which the relationships of victims and offenders were known, 54.3 percent were stolen by someone they knew (acquaintance, neighbor, friend, boyfriend, etc.); 24.8 percent of victims were by family members.”

This leads us to a Samba family member. I believe it was a crime of passion and pleasure. The suspect lived in the greater Seattle/Tacoma area during the time of the crime but has since moved south to San Diego county Think fleeing the Pacific Northwest with every poo pail, VW accessory, and knickknack known.

This information I’m about to share with you is not classified nor will your poo pail be in the classifieds. Your poo pail sits on a shelf with several others, like a trophy. If you spot your poo pail quick enough. You might win a sticker. Your movement must be swift in order to do so.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...06e2d4cf48

Now for the evidence..........

Mug shot of suspect

Exhibit-4

Poo pail

notchboy wrote:
I was able to finish the actual box. No stereo internals yet. But I wanted to see how it fit & looked? Kinda big, but the only dimensions I embellished were making it square as opposed to the original rectangle. I tried to make it looks like it belongs. As it sits, it could pass for OG, no?

All leads are welcome. Do not approach the suspect. Do not mention VW’s with the suspect. Do not show the suspect any flashy boxes of NOS Bosch parts, and god help you, should be you towing a Westfalia trailer broken down on the side of the road Shocked

Hahahahaha! Well, I have to say, I was skptical as to where this investigation was going until I saw exhibit 4. The man is literally hoarding poo pails!!! Can I say with certainty that the second of those pails is MY poo pail? No, but all evidence certainly points in that direction! Thanks you for finally providing me (the victim) with closure. While I may never see my beloved pail again, it does my heart good to know the authorities are hot on the trail of this monster. Very Happy
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss. I’m sure reading TV Guide, Readers digest, and crossword puzzles on the head haven’t been the same since your poo pail went missing Wink Laughing

Keep the faith. We will get this poo pail hoarding bastard

Link

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

Haven't been caught blue handel handed yet you butthole. Wink Laughing

Im down to one lonely, brown pail with white handel and no lid. It resides in that mag cover shot of my buddy seat in the 77.

I sold one yellow pail with a super early Orange Plaid buddy seat box, the other went in the buddy seat for the 74 that now lives in Jersey.

Hoarding vs. Collecting - the illusion of organization.

Sweet Jesus you must have been bored Kevin. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Back when the band was together.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Yellow Pail Reply with quote

I see the pail! When do i get my sticker?

Oh, sorry, wrong thread.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: