Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

gatorwyatt wrote:
If anyone has clear pics to show how throttle return spring and brake return spring hooks It would be super helpful. I looked through the gallery. Did t see much.

Awesome work and pic layout

There are a couple pics at the start of this thread, is that what you need?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=553172
It's not a RHD Bus though
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

djfordmanjack wrote:
most excellent ! beautiful detail work !

I appreciate the continued support!

This isn’t easy stuff. It takes lots of time and willingness to just not care what step is needed next. Just making it happen.

wanted:
RHD Barndoor floor mat..reproduction is fine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
gatorwyatt wrote:
If anyone has clear pics to show how throttle return spring and brake return spring hooks It would be super helpful. I looked through the gallery. Did t see much.

As always, I try and document things because even though this site is old and not as much communication here as was 10-15 years ago I know it’s still a resource that is need to compile info and help each other.

I will say this, the RHD group is sure quiet when I ask for a basic question regarding a wire or cable routing or spring attachment point. I’ve been alerted on my way to work that someone is asking for details on something that I can share and immediately go into my office bypass my obligations and snap pics and put a tape measure to things and upload and help. In return, I ask nothing. Seems to be a one way community of cunts these days....

I typed that with my upmost sincere sarcasm... maybe.

wanted:

Last edited by gatorwyatt on Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

gatorwyatt wrote:

I will say this, the RHD group is sure quiet when I ask for a basic question regarding a wire or cable routing or spring rattachmwbt point

Maybe try creating an account on the Split Screen Van Club forum in the UK and asking there, and/or search the rides and projects forum to see who has a RHD Barndoor and PM them through that forum? You may get more RHD-related answers from a country that drives on the left.

https://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=8

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

gatorwyatt wrote:
EverettB wrote:
gatorwyatt wrote:

As always, I try and document things because even though this site is old and not as much communication here as was 10-15 years ago I know it’s still a resource that is need to compile info and help each other.

I will say this, the RHD group is sure quiet when I ask for a basic question regarding a wire or cable routing or spring attachment point. I’ve been alerted on my way to work that someone is asking for details on something that I can share and immediately go into my office bypass my obligations and snap pics and put a tape measure to things and upload and help. In return, I ask nothing. Seems to be a one way community of cunts these days....

I typed that with my upmost sincere sarcasm... maybe.

Brick wall
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
Scotty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

Here you go

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

No return spring for the throttle cable

I'd be curious to know the length of his tip.

http://scottys-stuff.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

Much appreciated, Scotty.

I have tried thumbing around on SSVC and maybe it’s me but the site sure is difficult to see anything. Probably what you are used to.

There is a tab on the frame rail just to the left of the throttle cable and back a little. I attached a normal later model carb return spring to it and to the hole below the attachment point for the throttle.. seems good.

wanted:
D-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

gatorwyatt wrote:

I have tried thumbing around on SSVC and maybe it’s me but the site sure is difficult to see anything. Probably what you are used to.

There is a tab on the frame rail just to the left of the throttle cable and back a little. I attached a normal later model carb return spring to it and to the hole below the attachment point for the throttle.. seems good.

Even try on dsk.com.au there’s a barndoor section in there.
Scotty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

gatorwyatt wrote:

My pleasure.

I didn’t have to search on the ssvc forum, those pictures are of my 52.

I'd be curious to know the length of his tip.

http://scottys-stuff.blogspot.com/
Blue barny ute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

Hey Gatorwyatt sorry I haven’t seen your posts for a while really enjoyed your pictures of your Ute back in the day I jumped under my Ute to check out the return springs found the throttle return spring that I added but no brake return spring which is odd thought I would also mention I put a 67 ATE master cylinder which works beautifully with my Barndoor wheel cylinders front and back anyhow here is a photo of the throttle return spring which had a tab already mounted on the Ute from memory I used a 31-34 pict carburettor accelerator spring

Cheers!
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

I love the gate protection strips. I think I will put some on my singlecab.

VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

Blue barny ute wrote:
Hey Gatorwyatt sorry I haven’t seen your posts for a while really enjoyed your pictures of your Ute back in the day I jumped under my Ute to check out the return springs found the throttle return spring that I added but no brake return spring which is odd thought I would also mention I put a 67 ATE master cylinder which works beautifully with my Barndoor wheel cylinders front and back anyhow here is a photo of the throttle return spring which had a tab already mounted on the Ute from memory I used a 31-34 pict carburettor accelerator spring

Cheers!

I appreciate the effort and the info! Mine has the same tab and I used the same spring!
There are NOS Barndoor brake pedal springs in the classifieds right now. They hook to a small hole in the frame rail and around the indented pedal bracket that is clamped to the pin/shaft. Get one! Before they are gone...
The pics coming to me after 14 years of ownership and all from a simple email across the globe is nothing short of amazing and was better than my best Christmas as a child.

wanted:
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
I love the gate protection strips. I think I will put some on my singlecab.

Those are from when the bed was heavily cut out and the bed strips were relocated to the gates on the inside.

wanted:
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

Heater pipe covered! And lots more done!

2 rims from Christer in Sweden. 1 from Virginia and one from Lind! Thanks guys

wanted:
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

gatorwyatt wrote:
2 rims from Christer in Sweden. 1 from Virginia and one from Lind! Thanks guys
Always glad to help.

The underside of the truck looks awesome.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
D-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

Looks amazing!
Mr. OGPaint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

Its really coming together, all your hard work shows. Thank you for sharing, I've been enjoying it.
Blue barny ute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

Thanks Gatorwyatt I’ll certainly look into that brake return spring glad to help a fellow 54 single cab owner
Your doing a great job on yours
Cheers
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

wow - i miss a few days on the samba and you have a picture dump.

thanks for sharing - you are doing a great job on the truck.
DSweinhagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Melville Engineering steel and pipe 54' rhd single Reply with quote

Hey Todd- The truck is looking great! Is anyone supplying the BD heater tube wrap or did you make your own?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: