Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
soissisc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

I am hoping to head over to Jim's on Saturday also.

68 Westy
92 Jetta (oh it is retired)
99 Eurovan
05 NBC
06 Audi A3
72 Westy (I am going to fix it up)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

soissisc wrote:
I am hoping to head over to Jim's on Saturday also.
..................................................................................................................its going to be a sunny day . and we all should have a great time . spencerfvee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

update i just got my rebuilt 390 cfm double pumper holley carb .for my super charger .this guy does a super nice rebuild work .if you ever want a rebuilt carb his name is charles albert 151 chase ave hallstead PA18822-9436 super nice work.looks like a brand new carb spencerfvee
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

update i just got back from summit racing store in ohio .i bought every thiong i need for the super charged motor to make the holley 390cfm carb work with the super charger hard to belive i spent $400.00 spencerfvee ps i had a great time at jims vw swap meet and car show i sold a lot of vw parts so i could buy . all the parts i need for the holley carb

spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

update i worked on installing the carb jet extens on the primary side of the carb .because the carb will be put on back wards on the super charger the extens will help to keep fuel to the main jets when i do drag race starts .i am waiting for the new holley float that will clear jet extens it was on back order . i upped the main jet size on the primary side of the carb from 50s to 56 as a starter on the secondary side of carb i removed the power valve and installed a power valve plug i then uped the main jet from a 62 to a 68 main jet as a starter i might have to go bigger on the main jets thats why i bought a holley jet pack with bigger main jets on it . i all so bought a thicker from carb to manifold gasket it will seal better on the super charger . i then bought a return spring kit for the holley carb its super nice . thanks for looking spencerfvee

spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

update i just got the float that will let me use the jet exns on my primary side of the holley carb . take a close look at the new float and you will see what i am talking about . i got the carb return spring kit installed. and the carb on the super charger . . .i did not know how much work it takes to make a super charger work . and money oh well when its running i will for get how hard it was lol lol as long as it runs 55mph and looks bad ass lol spencerfvee

spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

update i got the crank cleaned for the super charged motor build .and i installed the rods and cam and dizy gears on the crank . i am getting the case ready . i drilled a doll pin hole on the right case side so i can use two steel backed bearings . spencerfvee dang guys its going to snow to night so i can work on my bug .

spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

hi every one been a long time since i posted on my build . i got the second motor built .what a hard build this was on the dick landy super charger . what could happen did happen . if it dont fit make it fit. . but i got it done hours and hours of working on this motor well guys the photos tell it all .i am happy its about done . got to work on the vw to get it ready for the first motor i built thanks for looking spencerfvee

spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

hi every one great day i got the first motor in my bug what a job it looks great i am happy with the vintage look i think i will do the happy feet dance lol lol . any one ever kiss there bug i did lol lol oh god i need help .thanks for looking spencerfvee

spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

hi every one .i have to stop working on my ralley bug for 30 days. i hurt my arm lifting the motor on to the floor jack . i thought it would heal but it did not .my DR. says no lifting . or working on my bug he wants me to rest my arm . guys all ways be carful when lifting things . well this sucks . i will be back thanks spencerfvee
Stock Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

The car is looking fantastic!
-----
Ich Bin Ein Facebooker: https://www.facebook.com/steve.fromsaac
-----
Join VVWCA: http://www.vvwca.com/
-----
Your source for old school metal tire valve caps: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1416217
-----
Thanks Veterans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Stock Steve wrote:
...................... thanks i am very happy how it turned out . people tell me some times that it has to many stickers on it . i all ways say . it made you look at it lol lol take care spencerfvee
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

I love it. It's a wild car for sure, but you're definitely having a great time with it.

Bummer about the injury. Hope you heal up quick. All the heavy lifting like looks done to me! It would be hard not to finish up the little "light" things to get er done!
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

spencerfvee wrote:
Stock Steve wrote:
...................... thanks i am very happy how it turned out . people tell me some times that it has to many stickers on it . i all ways say . it made you look at it lol lol take care spencerfvee

Sorry to hear this news, Spencer.

Jerking an engine by yourself is hard on the older body.
I'm about to install and engine myself, by myself! Shocked
The body aches days after an engine install. Takes time to stop hurting.

Rest and get well, Spencer. You'll be back at it in no time.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
spencerfvee wrote:
Stock Steve wrote:

Sorry to hear this news, Spencer.

Jerking an engine by yourself is hard on the older body.
I'm about to install and engine myself, by myself! Shocked
The body aches days after an engine install. Takes time to stop hurting.

Rest and get well, Spencer. You'll be back at it in no time.
............................................................................................................getting old sucks lol . thats for sure . i used to work on vws till 1:00 at night .and get up 7:00 and load my race car up and drive 200 miles to a race track and race all day . and get home at 9:00 at night . and get up the next day and go to work . ten 4 on the body aches the next day . lol take care spencerfvee
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Pruneman99 wrote:
I love it. It's a wild car for sure, but you're definitely having a great time with it.

Bummer about the injury. Hope you heal up quick. All the heavy lifting like looks done to me! It would be hard not to finish up the little "light" things to get er done!
....................................................................... you are so right all the heavy lifting is all done .its getting under the car to hook up the fuel line and run a tack wire and a oil presser line .with my bad are its hard for me to get off the floor and on me feet with a bad arm . i will get it done be for summers gone spencerfvee
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

For lifting I use a Hoyer Lift, there used for Bedridden patients Wink
sorry about the arm,,, I cut firewood all day yesterday Rolling Eyes ,now I can't scratch my head, I'm no spring chic at 67 Laughing where's my medibles? Laughing they help Cool
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
For lifting I use a Hoyer Lift, there used for Bedridden patients Wink
sorry about the arm,,, I cut firewood all day yesterday Rolling Eyes ,now I can't scratch my head, I'm no spring chic at 67 Laughing where's my medibles? Laughing they help Cool
........................................................................................hi mike thanks for the info i will look into it when i install the super charged motor into my bug .thanks for the support . why i posted about hurting my arm was and i dont care. if your young or old be care full when you lift some thing that is to heavy for one person to lift. it could mess your day up. if you get hurt doing it a lone . take care spencerfvee
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

hi every one been a long time since i worked on the ralley bug . things did not go right when i wanted to start the motor .the guy that had this bug befor me did not know what he was doing . .i had to trash his wiring .and install a on and off switch to the coil . and install a starter button . ..well guys i did not know what i was doing . i used number 8 wire for the coil switch . well it burned up the wire .its funny now. but not when it happed . i then went to the store and got a number 12 wire. for the coil switch that worked great . next i went to start the motor and i smelled gas . well the gas tank hose clamp needed to be tight end. gas all over the floor . cleaned that mess up . ok gas leak fixed .i tryed to start the motor but no spark to the motor . i then found a bad wire ,fixed that lol motor fired right up . .i then looked on the floor and saw oil coming out of both valve covers . i thought what next lol. the new scat SS valve covers are junk. the bail wires are cheap steel . so they dont hold the valve cover on the motor . got a new set of bolt on valve covers leaked fixed . what next well the tack is slow that means. i did not set it up for a 4 cyl. lol .the oil sender leaked oil. i fixed that . had to buy a new timing light my old one just walked a way . got the timing set. adj. the carb the motor sounds bad ass . the header mufflers sound like a stock vw muffler . oh well it runs . i did a lot of talking to god . i wanted to blow the car up lol got over that . i wonder if any one else has had days like mine was . i am happy now spencerfvee

calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Need a video of it running , or it didnt happen. Cool
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: