Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who drove their bug today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Zundfolge - shouldn't you have a big Coca Cola cooler strapped on that roof rack? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Cusser wrote:
I drove my '71 Convertible to senior softball today. Sorry, I don't take pictures of everything, my phone doesn't have picture capacity.

Relax there old fella, nobody’s getting on you because you can’t take a picture. You are in good company though

I do have a digital camera, and then an adapter that plugs into my Windows 7 laptop, so I can transfer photos to that and post. Just not straightforward....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
unclewede
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

It was iconic, to say the least. Heading north on the 101, elbow out the window, Jersey Mike's on the seat beside me (OK, not so much Cali iconic) as a big red ball sank behind some palm trees, 72 degrees with a light breeze.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The 58-67 forum doesn't have "Who drove their bug today" thread.

But I fired my 67 up last evening and took it for a short drive to get this once a year pic of the cherry blossoms, before they disappear once again.

The engine ran like total crap. It keeps getting the #1 idle jet clogged.
Clean the jet. Clog. Clean the jet, Clog, and on and on.......

That whole engine setup is about to get changed out for something I have had on the stand for the entire pandemic season. Shocked

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

1971 Convertible. With the top down. And we may take it to dinner tonight, unless we just walk to the corner.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I took my first 2021 Beetle drive today. It was 55 degrees so I put the top down.

The previous owner put black sun visors on the car and they were in bad shape. All the late 70s convertibles came with white visors. I put new visors on the car this Winter in the original stock color. Also put on a set of white wall tires.

The PO also painted the base of the rear view mirror black. At some point, I want to strip the black off without damaging the original plastic underneath.

challomoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Had some glorious weather here over the long Easter weekend so was out and about enjoying the sunshine.

Snoopy1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Nice day out, so drove it to work today.

Lemons 4 Gigi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

To soccer practice.... Very Happy

unclewede
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Cruised over to BevMo after work, picked up a bottle of Clase Azul for my nephew's birthday this weekend. Since I knew the 101 was going to be packed, I took more twisty surface streets. It's not a sports car, but it is still so fun to drive now that I can reliably downshift Very Happy
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Took it for a spin to Esslingen (southern Germany)

Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Last night, drove the Convertible about 10 miles to the restaurant. And back.
Snoopy1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

A friend was hanging out at a local German bar/restaurant, so took it there to chit chat with her for a bit ... somehow got a parking spot right in front of the door

Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I drove my 1971 convertible, topless !
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
I drove my 1971 convertible, topless !

I usually try to encourage taking pics but this time I’m glad you didn’t 😀
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Yesterday cruised the Potomac along the Maryland side of the river then around the beltway. I usually keep highway speeds at 65 but this guy loves 70. 75 is tempting too...

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Maddel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

^ ^ Cool Cool
offtherailz1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Cuppa tea man, living in a latte world.

1973 1303, one previous owner, my Dad
1975 1303, Fourth owner, mum 1975 to 2014, me from 2017
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=711269&highlight=
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=740901
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

It’s been right at one month since I drove the beast. It fired off quickly and ran great so I set out for about a 30 mile trip to get all the juices flowing. It was about 57 degrees and overcast, VWs run best for me on days like this. I put it up on the road at about 70mph. This car now has about 10k miles on the engine hard miles running flat out at speeds above 80. Best of all it’s just built out of parts I already had.

waller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I drove mine today!

1978 'Vert Reef Blue. Dreamy!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Page 75 of 109

Jump to: