Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus Depot Brake Line Kit
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
staceyz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject: Bus Depot Brake Line Kit Reply with quote

Has anyone bought the Bus Depot Brake line kit for their Vanagon? If so, is everything the right length? I'm going to replace all the brake lines on my 1987 Syncro Westy... Thanks, Stacey
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Bus Depot Brake Line Kit Reply with quote

Not familiar with the BD offer, but the syncro front hard lines are unique. Changing the hardlines on an assembled syncro is a frustrating job. I would reach out to BD. I can’t imagine they can ship prebent lines. Even the dealer lines back in the day shipped straight and had to be bent to fit.
staceyz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Bus Depot Brake Line Kit Reply with quote

Thanks Mark. I am happy to bend the lines, just need the correct length. If the Syncro hard lines are different than the standard Vanagon, then the Bus Depot lines won't work..?
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Bus Depot Brake Line Kit Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=752800

I would reference this thread.
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Bus Depot Brake Line Kit Reply with quote

From memory the front lines on a 2wd end behind the shock tower. The front lines on the syncro terminate in front of the shock tower. Can’t say if the lengths are actually different. Best to check with BD.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: