Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Large capacity single port
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Large capacity single port Reply with quote

Lingwendil wrote:
I wonder if Performance workshop (Steve/Greg Tims) would be willing to do a Superstock head based on the AA singleport casting? Seems like 37x32 would be an interesting starting point.

I've been looking for a thread about NEW single port heads. Pictures I've seen at any place selling them seem to show the same head casting. Are all the new single port heads from the same source? Are the new single port heads good quality? How do the ports and combustion chambers compare to stock? Original single port heads are getting pretty old so a quality replacement would be a good option. Long reach plugs for more threads in the alloy would be great, alas I it doesn't look like they get that.
earthquake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Large capacity single port Reply with quote

OK how about a single port built with
Type 3 heads cut for 90.5/92mm using 90.5's [8.0:1 or so comp ratio]
stock offset turned crank to 72-74mm stroke with Chevy rods [AA I-beam]
Cam ?
1x 40mm DCNF on IR manifold or 2X ICT's [have both]
dog house shroud and cooler
plus all needed to finish build + balancing

This will be for a heavy desert buggy that wont see anything over about 45 mph, do you think it will work? what cam would be best?

eQ
05 SCION XB SERIES RELEASE 2[#437]
95 Chevy C3500 dually
98 Ford E150
Link to Kelly J. Nolte 3/20/53 - 11/6/08
https://time-zonelabs.blogspot.com/p/about-kelly.html
DEATH TO CHINGERS!
[From a military recruitment poster in the novel "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison]
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Large capacity single port Reply with quote

For the extra money, I would probably just use a good stock crank, but I have a few on the shelf, so that's easy for me to say.

For the cam, I would go with a cb2232. I did a 1680cc SP, cb2239, with a center mount DCNF, and I modified the header for the heat riser. It was OK, but in the end, I think the ICT's would be better and easier. The smaller 1776cc displacement might work out better with the ICT's also.

Just keep the duration on the low side. Like under 238 @ .050". The cb2280 would also work for you. The more low end torque the better for what you are doing.

Brian
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Large capacity single port Reply with quote

I think the 2232 would be the tickets since you are lugging a good deal.
Jason37
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Large capacity single port Reply with quote

Brian_e wrote:
For the extra money, I would probably just use a good stock crank, but I have a few on the shelf, so that's easy for me to say.

For the cam, I would go with a cb2232. I did a 1680cc SP, cb2239, with a center mount DCNF, and I modified the header for the heat riser. It was OK, but in the end, I think the ICT's would be better and easier. The smaller 1776cc displacement might work out better with the ICT's also.

Just keep the duration on the low side. Like under 238 @ .050". The cb2280 would also work for you. The more low end torque the better for what you are doing.

Brian

1680sp, 2232, header, 1.25's on the intake, spin balanced, and ICT's sounds like a great recipe to me! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Large capacity single port Reply with quote

if you use the single DCNF i would recommend a web 86, i know Alstrup isn't a fan of that one for most things but IMO it is good for this application.

If you opt for dual carbs instead, then I'm not sure, but keep it mild.

By the numbers on the 2232 cam looks good but I ordered one and it was nowhere near the numbers so i sent it back.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: