Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Empi GTV/Nardi steering wheel
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobzKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Empi GTV/Nardi steering wheel Reply with quote

I want to install an Empi GTV steering wheel or a Nardi steering wheel on my Kombi and I need to know if there is an adapter out there or if I even need one? Who else is using either one of these steering wheels? any issues with using one of these steering wheels? any pics? is the diameter of the wheel larger or smaller than the OG?
Thank you.
RobzKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody?
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get an after market wheel you will have to have an adapter made. The Nardi is a small diameter wheel, I don't think I would like driving with that small of a wheel. If you can find an empi gt wheel made for datsuns, you can take it to a machine shop and have them machine it to fit. Datsun empi's are flat dish and just a tad larger in diameter than a regular bug empi gt. They aren't very easy to find though Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a pic of one that Coolrydes posted in the gallery. It is a Datsun empi machined to fit
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RobzKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
Here's a pic of one that Coolrydes posted in the gallery. It is a Datsun empi machined to fit

I knew I had seen a pic of a GT wheel on a bus, thanks for the info and the pic EmpiGT
lonslo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a small wheel on my bus and it was a pain to turn. 'especialy with 195x 50.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dubluv
You can find thease wheels but it takes a bit of looking.... I will tell you this the machining is easy though.... Let me know if you find one and I'll do up the hub for you......

Coolrydes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RobzKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently started looking into one of these wheels and your bus is the reason why. I think it compliments the style of the bus. I soon as get a hold of one I will definitely get a hold of you coolrydes and get it installed. Just to make sure, Im looking for a GTV wheel for a Datsun? What is the diameter of a stock bus steering wheel? Thanks again guys.
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem dubluv... thank you for the compliment... It is off a Datsun, I'll check the diameter.... When you get one all I need is the hub and I'll maching it up.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c.davis419
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dennis,
what did you end up doing with that wheel I gave you?
RobzKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolrydes what is the max dish I can use? or should it be flat? I have found a couple of wheels and just want to make sure before buying. thanks.
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the flatter the better. the more dish the higher the rim.... The hole in the hub just needs to start out smaller in diameter then the shaft on your bus
RobzKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bus is in the shop so I cant take a measurement, do you happend to have that measurement? Thanks
lonslo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c.davis419 wrote:
Hey Dennis,
what did you end up doing with that wheel I gave you?

It's a nice wall hanger.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
massvwnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a nardi wheel in my bus, it's for sale in the classifieds. Did not mind driving it, just liked the look of a stock wheel. email me if interested..
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course if you can't wait to have the wheel you want, just fab it up!

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
El Guero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Empi GTV/Nardi steering wheel Reply with quote

On the hunt for a Empi Datsun wheel. Anyone?
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Empi GTV/Nardi steering wheel Reply with quote

try this:
https://jhpusa.com/products/nardi-personal-steerin...&_ss=r

The Nardi-Personal steering wheel adapters use a unique design that incorporates a collapsible steel center section for added safety as well as a the correct PCD pattern for both Nardi and Personal steering wheels. This is covered by a plastic bellows to give it a professional finished appearance.

Features

Brand new in factory box with all hardware
Made in Italy from the finest high grade aircraft quality aluminum
Includes tapered Allen bolts w/tool and horn button retainer ring
This hub replaces your factory steering wheel allowing you to install any 6-hole aftermarket steering wheel with a 2.875" PCD bolt pattern in your vehicle
Fits Nardi, Personal, and most other 6 pcd hole steering wheels with a 2.875" bolt pattern
Vehicle Applications: Volkswagen vehicles from 1960-1973: 1960-73 1/2 Type 1 & 3, Ghia, Bug, 1959-67 Type 2.

Install Note: Reuse blinker device from original vehicle steering wheel assembly to complete installation.

NOTE: MOMO, Sparco, Mugen, Spoon, and NRG steering wheels are NOT COMPATIBLE with this hub. However, a Nardi/Personal hub ring adapter can be purchases separately in order to adapt these steering wheel brands to this hub.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ezcamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi GTV/Nardi steering wheel Reply with quote

The guy that runs flat4 said they were going to remake the Datsun wheel... but that was over 2 years ago when we spoke.
I make HWE style roof racks, Jim-Dandy racks, SO-33 metal parts, Dormobile racks, HWE style ladders, engine crank start handles, Westy rack tags, Binz tags, Sundial badges, State of California tags, steering lock electrical covers and single / double cab gate latch friction blocks.

instagram is http://instagram.com/bullidriversteelworks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
panel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi GTV/Nardi steering wheel Reply with quote

I had an adapter made for mine....

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: