Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Australian paint codes
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbtcabman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject: Australian paint codes Reply with quote

Does anyone have a paint code for the 1956 colors Summer Blue or Pigeon Blue that Type 1 CKDs sported? Danke!
64 KG 24k match #
74 Super Beetle 33k match # 1 owner
62 Corvette 50k Original Hardtop NCRS Top Flight Award Winner. Ok, it's air cooled with top down?
Former owner and damn fool to have parted with 1953 Porsche coupes 50661 and 50662 in 1978. Anyone else ever had a matched pair? Commiserate with me, wouldja?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Australian paint codes Reply with quote

have you seen this page - has dulux codes but not vw ones...? is pigeon blue similar to vw dove blue?
http://www.clubvw.org.au/vwpaint

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
sbtcabman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Australian paint codes Reply with quote

Thanks finster! I'll see if my paint guy can do anything with those codes. Really appreciate the link. Sorry I took this long to get back to ya but geezer brain got distracted as usual. Rolling Eyes
64 KG 24k match #
62 Corvette 50k Original Hardtop NCRS Top Flight Award Winner. Ok, it's air cooled with top down?
Former owner and damn fool to have parted with 1953 Porsche coupes 50661 and 50662 in 1978. Anyone else ever had a matched pair? Commiserate with me, wouldja?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncroAustralia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Australian paint codes Reply with quote

finster wrote:
have you seen this page - has dulux codes but not vw ones...? is pigeon blue similar to vw dove blue?
http://www.clubvw.org.au/vwpaint

Australian made VWs do not use VW paint or VW paint codes.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~pjlander/volkswagen_syncro.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
sbtcabman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Australian paint codes Reply with quote

Hey Phil thanks for chiming in. The tense of your verb leaves
me a wee bit in limbo. I imagine you meant "did not". Finster provided a link that indicated that Dulux may be the best reference point. Can you expound a bit with more detailed info?
Cheers!
Steve
64 KG 24k match #
syncroAustralia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Australian paint codes Reply with quote

sbtcabman wrote:
Hey Phil thanks for chiming in. The tense of your verb leaves
me a wee bit in limbo. I imagine you meant "did not". Finster provided a link that indicated that Dulux may be the best reference point. Can you expound a bit with more detailed info?
Cheers!
Steve

Australian made VWs (pre 1977) did not use the same colours as German built cars. They used locally made Dulux or Balm paints.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~pjlander/volkswagen_syncro.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
sbtcabman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Australian paint codes Reply with quote

Thanks Phil! Really appreciate! Clears that up for this simpleton! Hopefully it can be cross referenced on this side of the big pond! Cheers!
64 KG 24k match #
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: