Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Beetle custom fenders/flares
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
zayak9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject: Beetle custom fenders/flares Reply with quote

I found this by chance and look to run down the maker of them if available. I like the rounded wheel well and the bottom edge. I am trying to put together ideas for a build.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Beetle custom fenders/flares Reply with quote

Can’t say for sure.
Maybe Creative Car Craft in Tennessee?

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Beetle custom fenders/flares Reply with quote

I strongly doubt those were "as bought". The sticker above the sill is the name of a body shop in Switzerland. The car might be a "calling card" to show its fabrication skills, using either original metal fenders or fiberglass ones. If starting with FG, adding those sections would be much easier for a lay person than with metal.

The photo's water mark Woerthersee is a large gathering of traditionally mostly water-cooled VWs at a lake in south-central Austria. It has become so large and popular that modified aircooleds also attend.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Beetle custom fenders/flares Reply with quote

are the roads super smooth in virginia...?

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
zayak9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Beetle custom fenders/flares Reply with quote

Smooth roads, I get why you ask (I think) as the wheels are wider than the fenders and with suspension travel, well no doubt there would be issues. No matter the wheel opening design if the wheels are wider than the fenders there is road debri being sprayed on the fenders equating to chipped paint and chipped fiberglass. I would not have the tire/wheel combination sticking out any further than on a regular set of fenders such as the CCC fiberglass widened fenders or Aerolook widened fenders. I do like the circular opening on these fenders vs. traditional shape.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: