Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your ghia this week?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 151, 152, 153 ... 164, 165, 166  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
moogie32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

Beautiful day in southern Connecticut - Lilcar started on the second try from her winter slumber- nothing like the first drive of the season!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Doch leider musst du von uns gehn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pkbghia Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

Jeff,

pretty much harvested something from my leftovers can of nuts and bolts, M6 i believe, maybe around 25 to 30 mm in length, used washers and long fingers and a lot of patience!

Enjoy Very Happy Very Happy

1970 Ghia body off restoration in process
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

Noted, thanks Kurt!
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

moogie32 wrote:
Beautiful day in southern Connecticut - Lilcar started on the second try from her winter slumber- nothing like the first drive of the season!

Nice photo Diane. Lilcar looks happy. Smile

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

moogie32 wrote:

Such a beautiful car and color
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

obus wrote:
moogie32 wrote:

Such a beautiful car and color

Ditto! Cool

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
moogie32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

Awwww - thanks guys! Looking at those pictures makes me want to work on getting her doors adjusted better! She did run really well though first time out! So excited for the season to begin!
Doch leider musst du von uns gehn
pkbghia Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

Got the mechanicals working and the glass in place on the passenger side door

1970 Ghia body off restoration in process
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

That brings back memories. What a bunch of tedious loosening and tightening.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
Vladiiiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

jeffrey8164 wrote:

True words. And something else. Don't mount those door cards, unless you are positive that you are happy with the window fittment. Nothing more annoying, than having to take them off, then tear down the vapour lock skin, to adjust the window again Mad

This would not be such a big problem, IF the door card cardboard would be really sturdy. But you really have to handle it with care, or it will break around a clip Confused

So take a drive or two in some windy days, to be sure it's bearable. I just finished my restoration and have to tear down the door cards on both sides because of the adjustment. Maybe I can get good results by only adjusting the bottom bolt but yeah.... Wink
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9237746#9237746
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

Vladiiiii wrote:
jeffrey8164 wrote:

True words. And something else. Don't mount those door cards, unless you are positive that you are happy with the window fittment. Nothing more annoying, than having to take them off, then tear down the vapour lock skin, to adjust the window again :x

This would not be such a big problem, IF the door card cardboard would be really sturdy. But you really have to handle it with care, or it will break around a clip :?

So take a drive or two in some windy days, to be sure it's bearable. I just finished my restoration and have to tear down the door cards on both sides because of the adjustment. Maybe I can get good results by only adjusting the bottom bolt but yeah.... :wink:

Good advice: I was in a hurry to finish my restoration way back in 2015 and the fit of my door windows have never been satisfactory. I've decided to start all over. I have new rubber and channels on order from Mr Huber, and I'll upgrade the noise suppression at the same time.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

This is what the next couple of weeks is going to look like...
Mcberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

I removed the transmission from my '74 Coupe, first time in 40 years I've done this. Yes this appears to be a factory original swing-arm transmission beneath a '74 KG Coupe. There are no signs of a conversion - all the chassis elements are original, including the Z bar. Go figure.

other stuff
94 Caravelle
78 Passat
70 Kombi (first car I ever sold in one piece)
74 Golf (which I t-boned into Nun!)
70 Beetle (mustard bugger which I tried to kill)
68 Beetle preceded by a series of 6v crash-test early beetles
Figment
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

After spending waaaaay too much time building a new engine I kinda got burned-out on it, so I changed gears and focused on the interior for a while.

KGPR had the lower dash pad in stock again so I went for it... and the difference is enormous, I mean serious bang-for-buck on both a monetary and installation effort basis.

Somehow it made the absence of a radio particularly acute, though... so I finally installed the retrosound unit I'd had on the shelf for three years, complete with the satellite radio accessory. The satellite seems heretical, but I absolve this sin by using it for the 60s and 70s stations, actually enhancing the time-warp experience of the car.

next ripple: speakers.
Aschrock044
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

Got her moved home to start work!

NoDents
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

Won 2 second place awards for my Ghia. My car turned 50 years old on Monday the 14th. Does not look a day over 20.

1963 Bug - Sold in 1980
1966 Karmann Ghia Convertible - Stolen in 1988
1971 Karmann Ghia Convertible, resto/mod COMPLETED 10/2020
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

No matter, it's definitely first to me, your Ghia looks spectacular!! The other one must have been a trailer queen!
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
NoDents
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

rbsurfguy wrote:
No matter, it's definitely first to me, your Ghia looks spectacular!! The other one must have been a trailer queen!
Jeff

Actually mine was the best, but since voting is done by those also showing cars, someone else had more voting friends than me. Laughing

1963 Bug - Sold in 1980
1966 Karmann Ghia Convertible - Stolen in 1988
1971 Karmann Ghia Convertible, resto/mod COMPLETED 10/2020
Steelz21
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

Installed my bamboo mats from boom boom wagons.
Top quality and they make it so much easier to slide my big feet in.
A bonus was the rear mats, they make great placemats on a picnic.

I know, they are not for everyone but I like them.

The tach is now installed in the dash hole too.

sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your ghia this week? Reply with quote

Nicely framed photo. Well done. Matts look good too.
Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 151, 152, 153 ... 164, 165, 166  Next
Jump to:
Page 152 of 166

Jump to: