Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do for your Type 3 today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 216, 217, 218 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Quote:
Got the 63 out of its deep sleep today
Fabulous! It looks brand new. Shocked Very Happy
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

260KMN wrote:
Got the 63 out of its deep sleep today and brought it to the house for a check up and wash. Not seen it for 6 months. Once fuel got to the carb it fired right up.
Ran sweet too, Genny light was on but soon went out.
Wash and polish tomorrow and cruising time.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Wow, that is nice!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
260KMN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I might actually get round to using it this year, it’s only done less than 500 miles since the resto finished two years ago.
Yo-ho-ho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Yesterday I started it for the first time in a few months, drove it down the driveway but left front brake was sticking. Called a VW mechanic to fix it... it takes me way too long to do those kinds of things. Discovered the mechanic was a step-cousin some distance removed.

My notchback has been in the family since my grandparents bought it new in Germany. I'm looking forward to driving it this summer.

Everett, when did you move to AZ?
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Yo-ho-ho wrote:

Yesterday I started it for the first time in a few months, drove it down the driveway but left front brake was sticking. Called a VW mechanic to fix it... it takes me way too long to do those kinds of things. Discovered the mechanic was a step-cousin some distance removed.

My notchback has been in the family since my grandparents bought it new in Germany. I'm looking forward to driving it this summer.

Everett, when did you move to AZ?

I remember you mentioning this. The family part. Seriously cool. I would love to see more detail shots of the car and some of the details on history and any changes made. Love it. Cool

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yo-ho-ho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Actually, there are no changes... it's stock except electronic ignition... and I have the old distributer in a box. I'll post some more pictures when it's out of the garage and washed.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Yo-ho-ho wrote:
Actually, there are no changes... it's stock except electronic ignition... and I have the old distributer in a box. I'll post some more pictures when it's out of the garage and washed.

Perfect Cool

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yo-ho-ho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

I've wanted to put this back on for a long time.
gerry1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

changed shoes Very Happy

pitargue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Love the way your fastback sits. How much do you have it lowered and what size tires are your running?
gerry1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Thank you, Pitargue! Very Happy

Just like your notch, its a mild drop (front and rear), but we kept original type 3 stance which we call, 'take off' stance (higher up front).

I'm using 195/55 (front & rear) on this set. On other rims, I use 185/65 (front & rear), which is my favorite Very Happy
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

I recently built some drawers to fit a space under my work bench. I had been looking at Architect drawers but they were way too big for the space. Its been a log time since Ive had the "stuff" in a place that wasn't a display or up in a bin somewhere. Nice to have the shop where its in a usable spot again.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Very nice.

Did anyone else think the drawers don't look deep enough to fit some of those parts?
Like the intakes/carbs/air cleaner?
It must be a weird photo perspective.
<mind blown> Very Happy
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Very nice.

Did anyone else think the drawers don't look deep enough to fit some of those parts?
Like the intakes/carbs/air cleaner?
It must be a weird photo perspective.
<mind blown> Very Happy

It was those balance tubes and T34 oil sticks that made me make the 2'x3' drawers. Kinda like the display boxes we all see at the shows - with the chicken wire or plastic/glass over them. Im still filling them with things. Most of its done. Im amazed at the amount of smalls I have.

The other two drawers.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
smitty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

bought it back

cdorety
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Not just today.....

I got a pretty sweet '68 type3 squareback 3 weeks ago:

4 speed original manual transaxle (swing axle)
1700cc engine dual weber 34 itc carbs
new interior
new body rubber
new tires

Since acquiring I have:

--replaced the swing axle boots (and changed gear oil)
--bled and adjusted the brakes (decided I am going to do rear disc conversion)
--bought new master cylinder (cause yeah, bleeding and adjusting did not get me the stopping power I am looking for)
--today I changed the oil and adjusted the valves (noticeable difference!!!)

plans:
--rewire the whole car with a modern harness
--roof rack if I can find one
--get a stereo working (nothing fancy)

This is to be a daily driver.

Ossipon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

It may be a little thing but a big thing for me. Got an all weather cover for my new 64 Notch. Kansas City area has been amazingly wet this Spring. And I don't have my inside work area ready. Only had her a week or so and draining my fun savings quickly on her needs.

Type 1 - 59, 62, 63, 71 Super 68 KGhia/ Type 2 - 59 Single Cab / Type 3 - 64 Notch
Water
GTI 83, Jetta 81, 85, 87, 91 TDI, 98 TDI, 09 / New Beetle 99 / SportWagen 05, 13 / Tiguan 18 / T3 92
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Ossipon wrote:
It may be a little thing but a big thing for me. Got an all weather cover for my new 64 Notch. Kansas City area has been amazingly wet this Spring. And I don't have my inside work area ready. Only had her a week or so and draining my fun savings quickly on her needs.

Don't leave the cover on it too long, as a couple of windy days will mess up the existing paint real quick. BTDT. Now I just leave them outside exposed, as they fair better that way.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Ossipon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:

Don't leave the cover on it too long, as a couple of windy days will mess up the existing paint real quick. BTDT. Now I just leave them outside exposed, as they fair better that way.

Understood, Has been a wet year thus far in Kansas City area. And while rust never sleeps, I wanted to at least minimize added moisture while I get the inside work area ready. The cover is/was never meant to be permanent. But, I am happier it is covered in some way as the current paint is definitely not perfect.
Type 1 - 59, 62, 63, 71 Super 68 KGhia/ Type 2 - 59 Single Cab / Type 3 - 64 Notch
Water
GTI 83, Jetta 81, 85, 87, 91 TDI, 98 TDI, 09 / New Beetle 99 / SportWagen 05, 13 / Tiguan 18 / T3 92
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
R. Deschain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

New 15" 215R75 BFG TA tires all the way around + the spare.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 216, 217, 218 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Jump to:
Page 217 of 224

Jump to: