Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can you share some of your joo-joo ?
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
regordracis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

... need some positive vibes ... she's gone for safety inspection today

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

It’s all good! Think positive! No reason to stress until you have information. 🤙🏻

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
jetmech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Where in the hammer are you. and what shop did you use for your safety.
beetlenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

I would if I knew what joo-joo was? Wink
... I spend more time shaking it than directing it?! I get a pretty decent blast for 8sec. then have to shake it again.
- Words to live by right there!

My 74 Super rebuild thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6507104#6507104
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
68IHscout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Have a ice cold classic coke from that classic machine you have there ,very cool.
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Does the parrot joo joo on the roof of your Beetle? Smile
regordracis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Hey Jim thanks for the sensible advice - but it went in with a small crack in the windshield lower psgr side that I'm hoping they'll "not see" - the only other thing I think they might have issue with is all the bushings,etc in the front end are probably the originals ...

Jet , I'm central/ west mountain.. garage is Mike's Auto Zone upper James south of Rymal

B-nut : joo-joo if I'm not mistaken is French-Canadian for "good vibes , maun"

68 ... everytime I use that Coke fridge i get a call from our local power company asking me to unplug it , so all that's in there are cover-alls

Thanks everyone for the few chuckles ...

69 ... I have yet to find any brass pellets on the bug
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

regordracis wrote:
Hey Jim thanks for the sensible advice - but it went in with a small crack in the windshield lower psgr side that I'm hoping they'll "not see" - the only other thing I think they might have issue with is all the bushings,etc in the front end are probably the originals ...

Jet , I'm central/ west mountain.. garage is Mike's Auto Zone upper James south of Rymal

B-nut : joo-joo if I'm not mistaken is French-Canadian for "good vibes , maun"

68 ... everytime I use that Coke fridge i get a call from our local power company asking me to unplug it , so all that's in there are cover-alls

Thanks everyone for the few chuckles ...

69 ... I have yet to find any brass pellets on the bug

AWESOMWE reply!

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
74 standard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

I had to have mine inspected here in Quebec in 2019. Took 2 tries. When installing the new wiring I was rushing, misread the microscopic numbers on the schematic and wired the brake lights to the same fuse as the wipers. Worked fine at home but during the inspection they had their foot on the brakes when they turned on the wipers and fried the fuse.

beetlenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Well here's hoping the guy doing the inspection at Mike's Auto Zone is an old guy touched by the bug magic back in the day!
... I spend more time shaking it than directing it?! I get a pretty decent blast for 8sec. then have to shake it again.
- Words to live by right there!

My 74 Super rebuild thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6507104#6507104
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
creative native Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Juju is a spiritual belief, originating in African countries, essentially meaning a supernatural power. Hence, if one asks for good juju, they request positive energy/good vibes, which I am sending to regordracis. We have all been there is some way in our lives and need the support of our VW family. I most definitely wish an unimpeded positive outcome.
AutoMechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

That’s why I have year of manufacture plates on my beetle so I don’t have to worry about inspections and taxes. Smile . Nice garage too. Man I wish I had a home garage.
regordracis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Hey 74 ... great lookin' bug ... my family is Quebecois , Manawaki region

Native : spectacular and awe-inspiring detail you're putting into you bug , thanks for clarifying joo-joo , I was going to go there but was afraid to be wrong or offend someone , especially in today's world's climate , so I went with picking on my own heritage ... I mean , if you can't joke about yourself , EH ?

A-Mech : garage is heated and air-conditioned ... sorry to brag (oh , and the beer is not-even steps away and always colddddd )
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Welp, did it pass?
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

regordracis wrote:
... need some positive vibes ... she's gone for safety inspection today

Here’s something positive. That Coke machine is a model 39 because it held just 39 six and 1/2 ounce bottles on a rotating drum. Yours looks like it’s missing a couple of parts but those machines are another hobby in itself and parts are out there. I had a working 39 years ago and found that early refrigerators were a good cheap source of needed parts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuZH3nIWI_Q

If you watch the vid he talks about what size to use. He failed to mention that originally they used 6@1/2 ounce returnable bottles which are no longer available but you can still buy 8 ounce bottles which are same physical size and work. How is this possible? The returnable bottles were made thicker to withstand some abuse without breaking. Older folks may recall you had to throw a genuine coke bottle hard to break it.

The model 39s went into light useage areas like a managers office or employee break room. They are small and easily fit into someone’s home.
Dougy Dee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Didn't you have snow yesterday in Hamilton?

Floors pretty clean for a Beetle habitat.

I have to admit your cooler caught my eye. I've bought Coke from a cooler like that. Yes, I was pretty young then...
infiniteLoop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

I'm curious on the aspects of the inspection as I do them in the U.S. How much do they cost ,how often are they done and does the receipt include the flat rate hours or is the cost absorbed in a tax some how? Very Happy
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Can you still get Ju-Ju-Bees at theatres?
regordracis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Inspection hasn't begun to the best of my knowledge - I drive by it in my bus every other hour and I'm pretty sure it hasn't moved ...

Hey Zundy , that fridge has an interesting past , bought it at a yard sale for 20 bucks (CDN) probably 30 years ago , immediately striped off the thick dark green paint , underneath was the baby blue Pepsi colour , under that wasthe (tired) red Coke colour - long ago Pepsi took over some kind of regional contract and rather that put new equipment in , a layer of paint and a tin Pepsi sign SCREWED over the embossed Coke logo and voila - as you see that project stalled ...

D-Dee : snow the day before yesterday , all gone , clean floors cause I'm a slight neat freak ; after every bug shift , tools away , floors cleaned made it easier to return and start fresh the next day

Cal - maybe , theatres closed here , besides you probably need a bank loan to buy anything at those snack stands

Loop - cost is flat rate $150 CDN , done once and never again after that (unless something goes wrong while driving and the police become involved - does that answer all your questions ? If not keep 'em comin'
68IHscout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Just curious what is the process there to have car inspected , here i just went to dmv made sure numbers matched the owners title and all lights work thats it , i waited longer in line that it took to inspect it .

This is almost like waiting for a child to be born ,let us know if you have to throw it back in the oven a little longer
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: