Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

74 SB washer arm parts help
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetmech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: 74 SB washer arm parts help Reply with quote

So I bought these washer arm parts from Cip1 but have forgoten what order the parts go back togeather and what orinentation they go in.

The brass part has 2 fixed washers of 2 different sizes, 1 large spring washer, 1 brass nut, a rubber grommet, a plastic cap with a hole, 1 small spring washer, a cir clip, and a full plastic cap, I know that that I am missing the nut that holdsdown the wiper blade arm

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1968BUGMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 SB washer arm parts help Reply with quote

Installing a Stereo Into a Classic VW | https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9502179#9502179
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jetmech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: 74 SB washer arm parts help Reply with quote

I have a similar diagram from my Bentley manual but the diagram is out of date and doesn't show the 2 fixed washers on the brass tube that goes over the shaft.

I think I am missing a couple of washers that would sandwich the grommet on the car body.

So I think it would go in this order; the larger fixed washer towards the body then the large spring washer and a large flat washer, the grommet into the body, a large flat washer then the brass nut. So that would fix the washer arm assembly to the car. the cir clip would go into the groove on the shaft, then the plastic cover with the hole. The wiper blade arm goes next then the small spring washer, the nut on the shaft then the plastic cover to cover it all.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: