Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EVC / rear spray hose
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VolksVelo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: EVC / rear spray hose Reply with quote

It is about two feet long and a bit hard to pull out. Is the length about right? Thanks
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: EVC / rear spray hose Reply with quote

Xevin is forbidden from posting to this thread...
VolksVelo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: EVC / rear spray hose Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Hmm... I don't understand.
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: EVC / rear spray hose Reply with quote

VolksVelo wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Hmm... I don't understand.

Probably an inside joke with another member.

I recall mine being about 2 feet long, but now it too is very hard to pull out.

If you remove the electrical panel you can see the hose. There is probably a twist/kink there.
VolksVelo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: EVC / rear spray hose Reply with quote

Thanks Mr Pullout, I'm feeling so much better 😎

Yeah, after rereading my post it does sound weird...

Last edited by VolksVelo on Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: EVC / rear spray hose Reply with quote

A bit of silicone spray on the outside of the hose might ease the friction a bit?
TFB777
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: EVC / rear spray hose Reply with quote

Oh boy, did you set yourself up for this one brother!!! LOL! In all seriousness though, the spray hose on my van was becoming really brittle and the spray head clogged as well - despite repeated cleaning. Because the brilliant Winnebago designers ran the hose and coupling right above the rear fuse panel, a leaking hose could cause a nasty short. I found an identical sprayer on amazon for like $25 but with a longer hose so I replaced mine for safety's sake. I use the sprayer a lot at the beach so it was a must do for me. Advice: while I managed to replace mine by just going through the fuse panel area, it was a big pain to do so. It would be much easier to remove the entire plastic molding.
VolksVelo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: EVC / rear spray hose Reply with quote

Thanks TFB777, I need to work on mine soon. We were in scorching Southern Utah recently and couldn't comfortably using it. It's so hard to pullout I was afraid it's gonna break...

Do you have the link to that hose on Amazon? Many thanks!
TFB777
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: EVC / rear spray hose Reply with quote

Found it. Even cheaper than I thought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HSWKL6G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Caution: Be sure to disconnect your coach battery before starting replacement!
VolksVelo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: EVC / rear spray hose Reply with quote

TFB777 wrote:
Found it. Even cheaper than I thought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HSWKL6G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Caution: Be sure to disconnect your coach battery before starting replacement!

Many thanks!
sgirard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: EVC / rear spray hose Reply with quote

I recently replaced mine. Original sprayer (or at least the one installed when I got the van) was ~3 feet long. It always felt too short, but I think it was pretty much pulling out all the way; maybe a little loop. Most of the ones you see for sale, including the one I replaced with, which may be the same as the one linked above, are ~4 feet long. That extra foot or so makes a huge difference in my opinion.

I also replaced the MIP fitting that the sprayer hose attaches to, which was plastic and I think the cause of a small leak I discovered while back there - probably due to being overtightened or something. I'm fairly certain this is what I replaced it with: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-2-in-Barb-x-3-8-in-MIP-Brass-Adapter-Fitting-800199/300096744

Much happier with the sprayer now, although I just left the existing "receptacle" and although the new sprayer sits in there fine I recently noticed it has just enough room to vibrate when the the pump runs, making the pump seem louder than it really is. I haven't come up with a good way to dampen that vibration yet. Maybe a rubber gasket or something.
64/71/72/82
--------------
Intro
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: