Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Split window 2 speed wiper motor terminals
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rgl1100
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:47 am    Post subject: Split window 2 speed wiper motor terminals Reply with quote

I’m having a frustrating time with a wiper motor. I’m in the middle of a complete rewiring of my 67 bus. I’ve got the correct 2 speed switch. I know the motor works ok because it worked prior to removing it however the wiring from the PO was just a mess. Wrong colors, tape, exposed wire, etc. Problem is, the motor has no indication whatsoever of which terminals correspond to what they are. They don’t have markings for 53a or b, 31, etc. I’m posting a picture of what I have with the hope that someone can tell me which terminal corresponds to what.......BTW, disregard the wires you see. Although they do correspond to the correct terminals that need to be used, the colors were only a guess on my part as to what they were. Please help. I’m stumped......
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

swiss_bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Split window 2 speed wiper motor terminals Reply with quote

Well, that is even not the original plate of the wiper motor, so it is hard to say what belongs where. I think you have to open it and see where the contacts go to. Here is a picture of the original cover plate, which would have the terminal numbers pressed into the metal.

Rgl1100
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Split window 2 speed wiper motor terminals Reply with quote

Wow, I had no idea. This is very helpful. Is there anyway for yourself or anyone else to open this plate and show the connections between the plate and the inner connections? Thank you!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: