Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I need a radio terminal output diagram
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1975 Kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: I need a radio terminal output diagram Reply with quote

I just want to power on the radio and test the code to see if it works. Does anyone know the pin out for the power.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

“He’s decieving you boy! Reach into his pocket and take what he’s got.” Mr. Crabbs.

75 Westy auto
03 Jetta TDI
71 SB
74 Westy
Licensed pilot (single engine land VFR)
--
Rust In Pieces: 72 Bug, 73 Bug, 81 Rabbit LS D 2D, 83 Rabbit D 2D, 84 Jetta TD GL, 85 Jetta D, 68 Z28 RS 302, 91 Passat 16v
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't see that exact radio in my A3 Jetta Bentley, I do see a couple with those same plugs on the back.

The bottom two MPC plugs are the only ones used. They are numbered, top row: 1 3 5 7 and bottom row 2 4 6 8.

The bottom plug has the power connections. Looks like you'll need to hook up at least 7 and 8 and probably 4.

1- to Alarm System Control Module
2- unused
3- unused
4- +12V from ignition switch - terminal SU (on/off)
5- Power out for power antenna
6- night-lights, 58b on headlight circuit
7- +12V in, unswitched - terminal 30
8- Ground - terminal 31

Middle Plug is speakers

1- R Rear pos
2- R rear neg
3- R front pos
4- R front neg
5- L front pos
6- L front neg
7- L rear pos
8- L rear neg

The book also says that if the code doesn't work after two attempts it will lock up for an hour or so before it lets you try again, and you have to leave it hooked to power during that time.

-Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1975 Kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

“He’s decieving you boy! Reach into his pocket and take what he’s got.” Mr. Crabbs.

75 Westy auto
03 Jetta TDI
71 SB
74 Westy
--
Rust In Pieces: 72 Bug, 73 Bug, 81 Rabbit LS D 2D, 83 Rabbit D 2D, 84 Jetta TD GL, 85 Jetta D, 68 Z28 RS 302, 91 Passat 16v
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered that there might be something in the Vanagon Bentley manual, and this radio is in there. Looks like terminal 4 isn't needed on this radio, but 7 is still +12V and 8 ground. Speakers, same as above. That book does not have any diagrams of the terminal positions in the plug sockets like the A3 manual does, but I'm sure they are as I listed above.
1975 Kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Do you know the order of code entry and how to finish the code.

75 Westy auto
03 Jetta TDI
71 SB
74 Westy
--
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I thought you had that info already. Turn on radio. Press AM/FM at the same time as SCAN. You should see SAFe on display. Then use the first 4 radio preset buttons to enter the code. Then press AM/FM and SCAN together again. Display should change briefly back to SAFe then to the radio channel. Finis.
1975 Kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK it powers up but displays the lowest channel but does nothing after that.

75 Westy auto
03 Jetta TDI
71 SB
74 Westy
--
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have to hold those buttons down togther for a second or two, before display changes to CODE then 1000, then you should be able to enter the radio code.
1975 Kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I had them down for a while. After 2 seconds it blinks but does not display the CODE. It just stays the same.

75 Westy auto
03 Jetta TDI
71 SB
74 Westy
--
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well it's been years since I actually had to reactivate a VW radio. That's about all that's in the Vanagon Bentley regarding the procedure.
wolfsburg7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: I need a radio terminal output diagram Reply with quote

Does anyone have a pin-out diagram or list for the top 10-pin connector on a Premium Audio Radio Cassette with CD Control (Model number PE-9839W-01) - made by Clarion I believe. Came out of a VW '98 Jetta but am putting it in my '92 Cabriolet as it has the Aux Out/CD Control which uses the 10 pin port (Block C or Block I). All the diagrams that I've found reference it as an External Control Connector, but no pin out details. I mainly just need to know which pins are for Aux-L, Aux-R and Ground for the external device (hooking it up to a bluetooth adapter). I've scoured high and low on the internet and can't seem to find details. Below is the main diagram I find without the details. My 10 pin connector does use pins 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10 for ground and Left/Right speakers, but 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 are open for the external controller. Anyone have a better diagram with the pin outs for the 10 pin connector? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: