Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

74 Super Rusterection
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: 74 Super Rusterection Reply with quote

One note. Since it is that low in the front you should lower it 8 mm more in the rear. Then it will drive better. SBīs donīt like nose down stance.
beetlenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: 74 Super Rusterection Reply with quote

Alstrup wrote:
One note. Since it is that low in the front you should lower it 8 mm more in the rear. Then it will drive better. SBīs donīt like nose down stance.

I've actually been waiting for the new strut springs to settle into their final ride height before I make any more adjustments. I lowered the rear +5 -5 when I replaced all the torsion and swing arm bushings. That was at the beginning of the Summer. Most likely in the Spring, I'll level the car out now that I've got some miles on it.
... I spend more time shaking it than directing it?! I get a pretty decent blast for 8sec. then have to shake it again.
- Words to live by right there!

My 74 Super rebuild thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6507104#6507104
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
solorogue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: 74 Super Rusterection Reply with quote

Holy Cow that is some rust and welding. Amazing job ! wow.. you give me hope Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
beetlenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: 74 Super Rusterection Reply with quote

solorogue wrote:
Holy Cow that is some rust and welding. Amazing job ! wow.. you give me hope Smile

Oh thanks, but don't look at the pictures too long. Not knowing what I was getting myself into is the only way I got through it. Seriously, I must have 10 miles of welding wire in that thing! It almost saved my marriage, almost. Wink
... I spend more time shaking it than directing it?! I get a pretty decent blast for 8sec. then have to shake it again.
- Words to live by right there!

My 74 Super rebuild thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6507104#6507104
rlutterb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beetlenut wrote:
The death foam repair and crescent vent fill...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I just acquired a set of death foam section repair panels. I’m looking at what I received and looking at my car and trying to figure out how to go about understanding where to cut. How did you approach this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 Super Rusterection Reply with quote

Great build and some true ambition, but why did you do all that work and not correct the air vent on the shroud which was modified for Air Conditioning at one time.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: