Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

without tires? Is that what i see?
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

It is. Apparently they were delivered with wooden tyres for local tyre fitment. I’ve not seen any pictures of what that would look like yet as it’s a new one on me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

How much are they charging now? For that "tidbit" of info?
Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Weekend Wrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Long time lurker here. Finally took the plunge and submitted my request on 9 December 2020, received the packet yesterday 21 January 2021. Considering COVID and the Holidays, not too bad.
Cost was 97EUR via PayPal. (For both documents - Cert.& Data Sheet)
simon varley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

you probably don't really want to keep all that detail up in open view mate
1LoWezl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I personally sent in a request 3 weeks ago and received my certificate couple days ago! Was pleasantly surprised at the quick turn around and the fact that the 1963 type 1 is a matching pan and body original ragtop. Was a little pricy, but figured its worth its weight to verify factory type 117. One question: Was leatherette an option? or was that what they called the material for all the interiors? Man what this car would have looked like with Anthracite on real red leatherette interior and white walls.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

on the 2nd attempt i got the Birth Certificate and Data sheet for the Ghia. This time it stated it is in fact the original engine for the car! Mint!!!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
H82WRK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Just ordered mine for my 1956 via the website. Much easier than when I looked into doing it for my 65 many years back. Will report back when received!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Snoopy1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

So was looking at the site today to order one ... I have a question ... there is an optional block to put engine number if known ... I already know my engine number is not original to the car ... if I provide the engine number, do they simply just tell me "that engine number is not original to the car" ... if I leave it blank, do they tell me what the original engine number was?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Snoopy1971 wrote:
So was looking at the site today to order one ... I have a question ... there is an optional block to put engine number if known ... I already know my engine number is not original to the car ... if I provide the engine number, do they simply just tell me "that engine number is not original to the car" ... if I leave it blank, do they tell me what the original engine number was?

They will only confirm it's correct, they no longer give out the original engine number.

So pointless to include what you have in your case since your know it's incorrect
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Snoopy1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
They will only confirm it's correct, they no longer give out the original engine number.

So pointless to include what you have in your case since your know it's incorrect

I wonder why they consider the engine number super secret information that spies would kill for ... I mean it would be cool to know the original engine number, but I wonder what the big deal is.... oh well, thx for the info
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Snoopy1971 wrote:
EverettB wrote:

I wonder why they consider the engine number super secret information that spies would kill for ... I mean it would be cool to know the original engine number, but I wonder what the big deal is.... oh well, thx for the info

I have seen people from the area say it's against German law now but also:
Fraud, people making "matching numbers" cars.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanadianVWboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Hi
Tried getting a BC today(April 4,2021) anybody else having problem?
Site says

The payment process could not be started. Please try again later.

Tried different days ..any insight appreciated
-69 Brasilia -63 ghia
-69 beetle
Current vws
-54 oval semaphore
-58 lowlight ghia
-60 15w deluxe bus
denniscato
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

CanadianVWboy wrote:
Hi
Tried getting a BC today(April 4,2021) anybody else having problem?
Site says

The payment process could not be started. Please try again later.

Tried different days ..any insight appreciated

I ordered earlier today with no biggies, payed with Mastercard!
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Ordered today.

Tried over a few days from home and work with edge and chrome and got the "payment process could not be started" when trying with card.

Tried PayPal and went through. Smile
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (YouTube)
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (CAD drawings)
txgunslinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

sgellis wrote:
Ordered today.

Tried over a few days from home and work with edge and chrome and got the "payment process could not be started" when trying with card.

Tried PayPal and went through. Smile

I tried to follow the link posted on page 50 of this thread as I did not see anything more recent and it just led to a “404 Not found “ page. I did find a working link here though. Maybe someone else found it and I’m just dumb, but I’m posting it anyway:

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.com/en_global/service/certificate-data-sheets.html
txgunslinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm in some kind of German hell where you can't edit your shipping address because I checked 'Make my default shipping address', which they warn you at some point AFTER you create your account NOT to do. What's missing from my shipping AND billing address is a STATE (Texas) and when I go to 'change' it, there is literally no field for your state, just city and country. Then, when I go to use PayPal to pay, it obviously is going to check my billing address, but because it's trying to hit their system without a fucking state, it fails and errors out. I'm slowly losing my mind...

I cannot delete the 'default' wrong addresses with the missing states but I CAN add another address that lets me put in a state and is correct, but that is only the shipping address. At checkout, the addresses are mismatched of course and if I click 'my shipping and billing are the same' it changes the shipping to the wrong billing address. I wonder if they are in at 5:30 AM so I can call? Razz
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, I fixed the link in the first post of the thread
widerberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I've been trying to order another birth certificate, too. Keep getting the following errors when the page tries to go to the payment details:

Initializing failed for Order 140000000xx.
No transaction ID could be created for Order 140000000xx.

That's for CC or PayPal. I've tried on Chrome, Safari, and on my phone. No dice on anything. I've emailed [email protected], so we'll see what happens.

PITA, though. Didn't used to be so difficult to order. Oh, well.
txgunslinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

That's exactly what's been happening to me, but I believe the reason is in part due to the other error I see that says "please enter regioinID" or something. I think that is tied to not having a field in their form for the state. Billing addresses typically have city, state, zip and when their system tries to hit PayPal or the CC company they are doing it without the state and the remote system rejects it.

I finally gave up in exasperation and selected bank transfer, which at least let me complete the order. About two days later, I got an email asking for my CC info via email which I'm not doing as email is completely unsecure for sending financial data. My plan is to call when they are open, so before 8 AM my time (Central) and give them a CC payment over the phone. I'll update if I get it done.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Page 54 of 61

Jump to: