Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today In Bug Hunting History
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

I dont have pictures unfortunately. Im in northern valley
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

From what I can see. The rest of the car doesnt have any rust. Pan looks all clean as well as interior of engine bay and trunk. All electrical works. Mechanically the car is in tip top. All electrical is great too. Registration is up to date as well.
AutoMechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

I haven’t found many early bugs out there it’s mostly the late ones I find.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

Not familiar with Northen valley?
Northern Ca?
North LA?
You must excuse us, we always need more info. To follow

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

This past week one of the cars I’m interested in buying is missing the VIN number stamped on the chassis. The car is siting on a property I’ve already pulled 5 cars out of. This is a pre-65 Beetle complete, with the VIN tag still present in the front bonnet area in the spare tire well.

I’m concerned I would have a hell of a time getting a title with it missing. I don’t know if the vin removal was intentional or that the tunnel had to be opened up for repairs. Thoughts?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mats W wrote:
My son sent me these pics over the cell phone earlier this week.

He incidentally ran across this unmolested April 1958 Bug with only two owners and less than 87k on the odometer also nearly all stock right down to the old bias ply tires. Two dents on the left wings, but other than that a very, very nice score Cool . Has been sitting since 1992 so it would obviously need some TLC. I was told this is a part of a car collection of an elderly man reluctant to sell …

Outstanding!
I would love to see more of this!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
This past week one of the cars I’m interested in buying is missing the VIN number stamped on the chassis. The car is siting on a property I’ve already pulled 5 cars out of. This is a pre-65 Beetle complete, with the VIN tag still present in the front bonnet area in the spare tire well.

I’m concerned I would have a hell of a time getting a title with it missing. I don’t know if the vin removal was intentional or that the tunnel had to be opened up for repairs. Thoughts?

Regardless of what the intent was, chances are good that'll be difficult to impossible to get titled as is. I'd consider that car as a parts donor only, including a body swap to a good titled pan if the price is right.
55chevy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

1959 Ragtop on FB 4 sale
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/47529556...06730e65ff

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
55chevy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

60 Bug on FB FS $5k
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/19509717...34ff567542

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

55chevy wrote:
60 Bug on FB FS $5k
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/19509717...34ff567542

This one is newer than a '60 unless it's had a pan swap.

The blue '59 is a parts car. I enjoyed the goofy logic of the seller's strategy though.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
David23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

ok, so I am the VERY happy new owner of an original owner 59 that has been sitting in a garage for about 35 years and trying to figure out if the engine is original or not, there are receipts for two engines one in 1975 and the other in 1985, I am uncertain if the recpt for the first is rebuild or replace, almost seems like replaced in 75 and that one was later rebuilt in 85 just before the car was parked, is there a code here somewhere to match my engine # to so I can figure out if the orig. engine or not ? the speedo is dated 1-59
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

Congrats!

1. Post your VIN # and engine # if you want people to give feedback.

2. Or you an look at the Bug VIN listing on the site:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/bugchassisdating.php

If your engine # is the same month/year as the car VIN #, it's almost always the original.

If you are unsure and want feedback, refer to #1 above. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
David23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

Thanx Everett !! I checked the vin list.... the Car AND engine #'s BOTH fall inbetween Jan and Feb !! WOOHOO !! WOW, I am even MORE stoked now !! will post up some pics as soon as I can Thanx !.........
David23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME !!!!
Deluxe Lowlight Ghia wrote:
ok ill be the first to do it. a 1965 euro vert bug i picked up on saturday its been sitting sence the 80s

picking it up

after 5 hours of ownership

its kind of funny really i lived in my house for close to 10 years and just found it 6 months ago and it lived right up the street like 3 blocks

AWESOME !!
A-Step-Towards
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

Found this one , seems way to rough to build but it’s complete. Plan to keep the 40hp engine and part the rest. No title last registered in Idaho in 1974 kinda solidified it into parts.

Stoney Hawk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

Do you happen to have any more pictures of the badge?
A-Step-Towards wrote:
Found this one , seems way to rough to build but it’s complete. Plan to keep the 40hp engine and part the rest. No title last registered in Idaho in 1974 kinda solidified it into parts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

With enough money and hard work, that shit will buff right out.

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
A-Step-Towards
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

Stoney Hawk wrote:
Do you happen to have any more pictures of the badge?
A-Step-Towards wrote:

I don’t,I’m a state away from my fathers property where the bug is. Love your IG content , I noticed your beetle Mable had the same outline as this badge-awesome car btw. I’ll try to get more photos when I’m at my dads in 6 weeks or so.
CorvallisKevin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

A-Step-Towards wrote:

It’s a shame that it’s so bad. It’s caught my eye a couple times on CL.
A-Step-Towards
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Today In Bug Hunting History Reply with quote

Agreed, I’ve went back and forth on how to get it back on the road. I’m more a stock guy, I thought about Baja but then it still needs 1 of everything including a title. It was pretty thrashed when they parked it in the woods 4 decades ago which didn’t help. To me it’s sadly a parts car.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 21

Jump to: