Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

bad smell and removing old window tint 73 911
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
d17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: bad smell and removing old window tint 73 911 Reply with quote

Need some ideas on getting rid of the bad smell and removing old window tint
from a 73 911 that's been sitting in a garage for 7 years

Thanks
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: bad smell and removing old window tint 73 911 Reply with quote

d17 wrote:
Need some ideas on getting rid of the bad smell and removing old window tint
from a 73 911 that's been sitting in a garage for 7 years

Thanks

yup typical, after you remove the tint, "start" by using starting fluid to clean off the residue, then use dish washing detergent and water and a sponge. then spray fabreeze and let the car air out
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: bad smell and removing old window tint 73 911 Reply with quote

for the tint - heat gun. the cheap ones from harbor freight work great
S4VAGE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: bad smell and removing old window tint 73 911 Reply with quote

I use a Wallpaper Steamer for tint. Lots of towels to make sure I don't drip too much under the area where I am working. If you don't have one call a friend who has a mid-century home. I guarantee they own one. Very Happy
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: bad smell and removing old window tint 73 911 Reply with quote

I prefer to use mineral sprits or Kerosene. Much safer to use on paint and plastics. Won't attack things like other solvents can.
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: bad smell and removing old window tint 73 911 Reply with quote

Bad smell, look under seats for dead mice. Window tint, Brass wool (boat supply or Amazon) it won't scratch glass and use with white vinegar. Rear window defrost grid will be a problem.
tcmia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: bad smell and removing old window tint 73 911 Reply with quote

I have had good results with the heat gun and a razor blade. Glue came off easy with thinner and windex.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: