Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Termite bait
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

Body back on the roll around stand and sanding and primer. All 3 square feet of surface to be painted.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Trunk and under dash done. Tail lights and brackets.

Back package tray with wood trim and carpet in place.

Front view with wheel wells and carpet and green paint.

The color came from an old Schwinn I rebuilt a couple of years ago. (Another of my many addictions)
This takes us up to a few days ago. Now comes the job of tearing apart the chassis for cleaning and a fresh paint job. Windshield, wiring, engine freshening, and a million little things. Still hoping to be driving this summer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

Love it. Could be a good design for a dune buggy fiberglass bucket, molded in one piece,then doors and hood added. It's a winner for originality !!!
aquavette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

Very cool. Can't wait to see more!
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

Amazing work.
Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

Spring is here and all the great things that go with it! Got a little time for the car and have a dash cobbled together. Now back to planting trees and tearing out fence and lawn mowers and graveling the driveway and......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finefettle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

Very excited about this build. Refreshing to see.
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

So freaking cool.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

loving the styling...and these guys like it too!

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

I always greatly admired that Mini-T windshield you did, much wetter looking than the original. This project is just stunning
aquavette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

Any updates?

Popcorn
Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

Things are pretty slow on the woody. Cleaning and sanding on the chassis for a new coat of paint, and carpet and all the things that need attention after sitting for a few years. Boring stuff. As it sits a couple of days ago.

you will notice the front end is hanging by it's brake lines. Well, I'm redoing some of the modifications that it got when it was under the buggy. That Mini-T has no room for stock shock towers. They hit the fiberglass. I made some plate steel off-set towers that allowed for a pair of ball joint shocks that move thing out and rearward. There is also a weld-on to move the lower shock mount the same distance. I decided to weld a pair of pipe sections on the top of these for headlights. I also eliminated the upper torsion leaves in the font end and replaced them with a threaded rod along with a selection of nuts, washers, delrin spacers. The buggy weighed nothing and with the gas tank out back also, one set of leaves was more than enough. With this build, I'm going back to upper leaves (although it will be missing a couple). A little more weight now and I always worried about only one set of leaves and that giant pot hole I didn't see. Here's the old set-up.
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

wow, amazing
Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

Feels good to see the seats still fit and the carpet hides the conduit for the wiring well. Won't be long before I get some more room in my tiny shop. Still a few things that will be easier with the body off. Very Happy
Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

well, got the body back on the chassis for I hope the last time. The blue tape is because I'm still trying to get my hood to fit right.

Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

The hood gets to play along with the other parts. Still needs a latch and bracket to catch the latch, but closer.

A shot from the back end. Gas tank in, Stainless 10 ga. bent for side rail/ thresholds bolted down (more reinforcing for any frame flex).
Would have a windshield installed is some idiot gave the glass shop a templet that was 1/4" smaller. I fought that chunk of glass for about three hours before admitting my mistake.
Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

Well, the windshield in back and installed, the engine cleaned up and painted, and here it is out in front of the barn in the sunshine. Still a few minor things to finish up, but it this is pretty darned close.
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

WOW! That turned out as awesome as expected. Nice.
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

Dam, that looks great!
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Termite bait Reply with quote

perfect lines and details! Applause

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: