Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Aufgeladen Ghia
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Done. Time to let this tank go dry.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

What could this be?

xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

The Ghia is fully converted for EFI. Almost ready to start. Also finally received my new 1776 longblock.

PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Very nice work!
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

New motor installed. The top end is more or less done. Need to replumb the fuel lines. It was recommended to not have a "dead head", meaning not to stop the flow at the end of a fuel rail, but to allow it to flow to the return. Ordered my stainless Sidewinder exhaust yesterday. Very close to firing it up.

djway3474
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Cool.
Not something you will see very often.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Very Sweet. This has been a long and profound journey.
Hopefully soon, you will reap your reward.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Thanks guys. It has been a long learning experience. And hope the end result is miles and miles of enjoyment for years to come... Or until I need more boost, then turbo it is. Laughing
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Thought I'd give you guys an update. Sorry, haven't been posting here... Created a build thread over at shoptalkforums because I needed help with fuel injection and Tuner Studio. A lot has happened in the last couple days, finally got here running. Tuning the idle at the moment. Its a bit of a learning curve, everything is ran on the ECU and tweeked with software now. Finally have a smooth idle, and will soon be tuning lower RPM stuff getting it ready for the first drive since the EFI conversion.

Here is a picture of the engine currently...

And here she is idling, still need to dial it in a bit (I know, the belt needs tightening)...

Link

c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Its Alive! Congrats.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Jump to:
Page 46 of 46

Jump to: