Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Why restoration are like a jigsaw puzzle.... my '58 vert
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
581DBP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject: Why restoration are like a jigsaw puzzle.... my '58 vert Reply with quote

I bought a bug when i was 17, it needed work but parts where plentiful and cheap. I actually always wanted a Ghia, a lowlight, and specifically a Convertible....

5 years or so ago i found one, and shipped it from Australia to the UK, prior to that it was a California car and i believe originally sold in the US in Chicago..

In that time and before it arrived in my lucky hands, it was a car with everything in boxes, i've spent ages trying to work out what is what, what goes where, what is correct and what is or maybe from a different year car..

I'm sure one day if i get to the end, i'll find i am missing a silly little piece !!

Anyway, this is the car today as a usable car so i can use it whilst i collect the bits needed ! OG colour is Bernina Blue.....
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Karmann Gheezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Why restoration are like a jigsaw puzzle.... my '58 vert Reply with quote

You've got a nice cabriolet to have fun and enjoy the passion of putting it back together. Lot's of great Lowlight lovers here that will help you in your endeavor.
Loren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Why restoration are like a jigsaw puzzle.... my '58 vert Reply with quote

I see a paint stripping party in your future. Looks like there might be some good Bernina Blue under that red paint. A nice project for sure!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
581DBP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Why restoration are like a jigsaw puzzle.... my '58 vert Reply with quote

Karmann Gheezer wrote:
You've got a nice cabriolet to have fun and enjoy the passion of putting it back together. Lot's of great Lowlight lovers here that will help you in your endeavor.
thanks, amazing how many owners use this forum, which is promising.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
581DBP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Why restoration are like a jigsaw puzzle.... my '58 vert Reply with quote

Loren wrote:
I see a paint stripping party in your future. Looks like there might be some good Bernina Blue under that red paint. A nice project for sure!

Red over turquoise over bernina in this case..should be entertaining !
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Why restoration are like a jigsaw puzzle.... my '58 vert Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Nice ride Cool
I see how my car could have worked as inspiration Dancing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: