Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GARRICK.CLARK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

Mine is a 2 inch hs8. I have the front and back mounting flanges for it and a filter. The float bowel is drilled and tapped for a barb fitting. As you need to blow boost into it or you won't get fuel enrichment. I'll sell it if someone wants it
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

earthquake wrote:
I wonder if you could use a 40mm Keihin CV off of a Harley in a draw through application, they have a accelerator pump in them. I have a couple of them I want to use on a VW single port motor some day.

eQ

We’re getting off topic. But, I have a 40mm keihin and can’t decide to use it or my single drla. I would just have to make an elbow for a bug spray manifold I was planing on using. Then there’s linkage. And it would be blow through.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

GARRICK.CLARK wrote:
Mine is a 2 inch hs8. I have the front and back mounting flanges for it and a filter. The float bowel is drilled and tapped for a barb fitting. As you need to blow boost into it or you won't get fuel enrichment. I'll sell it if someone wants it

I have an HS8 in my garage as well. Care to share build pics and tuning details? Probably a separate topic would be appropriate.

If you actually drive your VW, you need www.AirMapp.com

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GARRICK.CLARK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

Of course I'll share. I'll get some pics together and email them to ya. P. M your email. There's a couple of tricks that need doing, and if ya don't do them it won't work.
fl59bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

Any progress on installing this kit yet OP?

I got an email today from SPA, (my Portguese is let's just say "rusty" Very Happy) but was able to read enough to tell SPA was letting me know the kit is back in stock for 3589.80 BRL (708.27 USD).
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

Nothing since April....would love to know if any progress has been made.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

could of built ur own by now, Rolling Eyes research and build Wink
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

Folks, the guy has kids, a Westphalia, a convertible AND a camper. The family is likely out enjoying the world. Winter is a'coming, there will be plenty of time for a turbo.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Striker27
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

I really want to buy this kit just to see how it would do in my Puma. I just seem to not be able to get much info. That said being Canadian. My French is better then.my Spanish.
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

Striker27 wrote:
I really want to buy this kit just to see how it would do in my Puma. I just seem to not be able to get much info. That said being Canadian. My French is better then.my Spanish.

How's your Portuguese? The kit is out of Brazil. Razz
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

EVfun wrote:
Striker27 wrote:

How's your Portuguese? The kit is out of Brazil. Razz

Just use Google Chrome and translate the page to English.
I did!

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

I've imported parts from IMohr in Brazil. The shipping and tariffs for a single item can be expensive. My advice is for 2-3 or 3-4 of you get together and order your kits at once and have them ship into the USA together. From there you can re-ship kits within the US. This may save some bucks.

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

BUMP

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

Question Rolling Eyes
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
leeztoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

Lo Cash John wrote:
Interesting little kit.

If you're on a tight budget, blow through the stock Solex 34 carb. Lots of info on modding Solex for blow through.

For ignition, a budget friendly option is to slightly modify and use a late model "dual vacuum" distributor. It'll advance on ported vacuum like a regular SVDA distributor but retard when the carb starts seeing boost. If you're pockets run a little deeper, go get a CB Performance Black Box with 4 bar MAP sensor and fully programable ignition timing.

No matter what option you go with, ditch the points and go electronic (I prefer Pertronix-II) and a nice hot coil. Just make sure the primary coil resistance (ohms) matches there electronic ignition you use.

I built a similar combo for a buddy of mine, however we did blow through Kadrons (Solex carbs). Much of the lessons learned there apply to what you are about to build.

https://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=150579

How do you go about "slightly" modifying the DVDA distributor for a blow thru turbo? I actually one of these kits and a Garrett TB25 Turbo (.42 A/R)and I was thinking about this distributor as an option and either a modded PICT34-3 or a 32DIS from a Renault 5 Gt Turbo
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

Hey Lee, Low cash john has done them Wink Maybe he will chime in?
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

Leeztoy,

I gave pretty detailed description on this thread from my other favorite forum.

https://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=152470&start=15

leeztoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

Lo Cash John wrote:
Leeztoy,

I gave pretty detailed description on this thread from my other favorite forum.

https://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=152470&start=15

Thanks, John
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

leeztoy wrote:
Lo Cash John wrote:
Interesting little kit.

If you're on a tight budget, blow through the stock Solex 34 carb. Lots of info on modding Solex for blow through.

For ignition, a budget friendly option is to slightly modify and use a late model "dual vacuum" distributor. It'll advance on ported vacuum like a regular SVDA distributor but retard when the carb starts seeing boost. If you're pockets run a little deeper, go get a CB Performance Black Box with 4 bar MAP sensor and fully programable ignition timing.

No matter what option you go with, ditch the points and go electronic (I prefer Pertronix-II) and a nice hot coil. Just make sure the primary coil resistance (ohms) matches there electronic ignition you use.

I built a similar combo for a buddy of mine, however we did blow through Kadrons (Solex carbs). Much of the lessons learned there apply to what you are about to build.

How do you go about "slightly" modifying the DVDA distributor for a blow thru turbo? I actually one of these kits and a Garrett TB25 Turbo (.42 A/R)and I was thinking about this distributor as an option and either a modded PICT34-3 or a 32DIS from a Renault 5 Gt Turbo

I did 7000 miles with a Bocar 34 pict-3 turbo up to 13 lbs. I finally figured out the fueling for it but by that time I had all the parts for EFI so I switched.
It really doesn't need much modification but I did oring the throttle shaft, remove the choke plate and oring the stock fuel pump shaft for boost reference.
I would try it stock first then see if it needs any changes. Make sure you extend the float bowl vent into the boost pipe above the carb top and you should be fine with almost stock jetting.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
leeztoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggee's Brazilian Turbo Kit Reply with quote

clonebug wrote:
leeztoy wrote:
Lo Cash John wrote:
Interesting little kit.

I did 7000 miles with a Bocar 34 pict-3 turbo up to 13 lbs. I finally figured out the fueling for it but by that time I had all the parts for EFI so I switched.
It really doesn't need much modification but I did oring the throttle shaft, remove the choke plate and oring the stock fuel pump shaft for boost reference.
I would try it stock first then see if it needs any changes. Make sure you extend the float bowl vent into the boost pipe above the carb top and you should be fine with almost stock jetting.

Hi Clonebug thanks for your input. I saw somewhere where you discussed the carb vent extensions taking your engine from running lean with a 170 jet to running good with a 130. I found that extremely imformative.
When you say (I would try it stock first then see if it needs any changes.), were you talking about the DVDA distributor?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: